• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2nd notification letter for dv2013

Hatch rbirecon

Is this the letter they send by email where they acknowledge the reception of your documents at KCC and that you want to do AOS or consular process in an embassy?

Pryanik :)

Is this the letter they send by email where they acknowledge the reception of your documents at KCC and that you want to do AOS or consular process in an embassy?

No, it is the notification which KCC sends when a date for the interview is comfirmed. This notification simply directs you to check your entrance status at https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/
Normally the notification is sent 1-2 months before the interview!

as per dv 2013 instruction ( an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134))

33. IF I AM SUCCESSFUL IN OBTAINING A VISA THROUGH THE DV PROGRAM, WILL THE U.S. GOVERNMENT ASSIST WITH MY AIRFARE TO THE UNITED STATES, PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO LOCATE HOUSING AND EMPLOYMENT, PROVIDE HEALTHCARE, OR PROVIDE ANY SUBSIDIES UNTIL I AM FULLY SETTLED?

No, applicants who obtain a DV are not provided any type of assistance such as airfare, housing assistance, or subsidies. If you are selected to apply for a DV, you will be required to provide evidence that you will not become a public charge in the United States before being issued a visa. This evidence may be in the form of a combination of your personal assets, an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) from a relative or friend residing in the United States, and/or an offer of employment from an employer in the United States.

So don't we need an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134)???

Then this does not apply to any DV 2013 winner so far, does it? (Because the fiscal year 2013 has not started yet).

Interviews start from October 1st, 2012. Surely, the the second NL should be sent before this date, so that candidates prepare themselves.

question 4 dsp 122

how are you brothers??...i hope that you are ok.
i have a question plz
i wrote in the 4th question on the form 122 the name of my country and not the name of the embassy...

is there any problem??!!!

this is question 4 :
4. Name of United States Consular Office where you would like to Process your Application
This will usually be the consular office nearest the place you live. However, please note that some U.S. Embassies and Consulates do not process immigrant visas. If you are not sure whether the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you processes immigrant visas, or if you do not know which is the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you, please list the city and country where you live. If you live in the United States and plan to adjust status with the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services in the U.S., please list "BCIS"; if you live in the United States but you intend to return abroad to be interviewed, please list the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that processes immigrant visas for the area where you lived before you came to the United States.

----------------------------------------------------
but they said :if you do not know which is the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you, please list the city and country where you live.

i wrote just my country and there is just one US embassy there so what i have to do????

how are you brothers??...i hope that you are ok.
i have a question plz
i wrote in the 4th question on the form 122 the name of my country and not the name of the embassy...

is there any problem??!!!

this is question 4 :
4. Name of United States Consular Office where you would like to Process your Application
This will usually be the consular office nearest the place you live. However, please note that some U.S. Embassies and Consulates do not process immigrant visas. If you are not sure whether the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you processes immigrant visas, or if you do not know which is the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you, please list the city and country where you live. If you live in the United States and plan to adjust status with the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services in the U.S., please list "BCIS"; if you live in the United States but you intend to return abroad to be interviewed, please list the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that processes immigrant visas for the area where you lived before you came to the United States.

----------------------------------------------------
but they said :if you do not know which is the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you, please list the city and country where you live.

i wrote just my country and there is just one US embassy there so what i have to do????

If you do not know which is the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you, please list the city and country where you live.
I was also not sure regarding this, so I simply wrote my city and country name. In my country, only the US embassy processes DV visas, and consulates don't, although several consulates are located in different cities.
Since you say that there is only the US embassy in your country and no consulates, I think there is nothing wrong in what you have wrtten there. I think it is an understood thing that the US embassy will interview you. That's all that I know, wait for further replies!

Good luck!

thnx

I was also not sure regarding this, so I simply wrote my city and country name. In my country, only the US embassy processes DV visas, and consulates don't, although several consulates are located in different cities.
Since you say that there is only the US embassy in your country and no consulates, I think there is nothing wrong in what you have wrtten there. I think it is an understood thing that the US embassy will interview you. That's all that I know, wait for further replies!

Good luck!

thank you brother...it's so kind from you :)

Interviews start from October 1st, 2012. Surely, the the second NL should be sent before this date, so that candidates prepare themselves.

Excuse my ignorance, then people with interviews on October 1 are only those who live outside the USA and not those who are already living in the USA because they can't send I-485 until starting October 1 otherwise this I-485 would be rejected, right?

sample of the second notification letter

Below follows a sample of the 2nd letter which will be available 4-6 weeks before the interview at the Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/

--------------------------------------

Dear DV Applicant,

This is the official notice for you to pursue your application for a DV-2012 visa. An appointment has been scheduled for the applicant at the stated location. The applicant and all members of the family must appear at the appointed date and time for your interview. Please notify the office listed if you cannot keep the appointment.

The applicant and any eligible family members will be required to submit sufficient proof of identity upon arrival. If you fail to obtain a DV-2012 visa by September 30, 2012, your registration will expire. Applicant and family members cannot be issued a diversity visa or accompany you or join you in the United States under DV-2012 program after September 30, 2012.

Please follow instructions provided in step 4 at http://www.dvselectee.state.gov for Interview Preparation and Fee Payments. It is very important that you follow the guidelines carefully in the preparation for your interview. All fees must be paid before the visa interview and are non-refundable if the visa is refused.

Interview Appointment

U.S. Embassy in X country

Date of interview XXXXX

The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case. Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to the applicants’ name and case number exactly as they appear below.
Case Number: xxxxxx
Principal Applicant Name: xxxxxxx
Preference Category: DV DIVERSITY
Foreign State Chargeability: Your Country

If documents are listed below as incomplete, please present the completed documents at the time of interview.
Case Number: XXXXXX
Applicant Name: XXXXXX
Beneficiaries: None XXXXXX

Excuse my ignorance, then people with interviews on October 1 are only those who live outside the USA and not those who are already living in the USA because they can't send I-485 until starting October 1 otherwise this I-485 would be rejected, right?

Sorry bro, I have no idea about this. I am living outside USA, and I am a novice! Let's see if someone else can guide you in this matter.

Hello I received a confirmation from the DHL for the delivery of my papers to KCC but I didn't receive a confirmation to the KCC itself , so I have to receive a confirmation from the KCC ???

KCC does not send confirmations!

Hello I received a confirmation from the DHL for the delivery of my papers to KCC but I didn't receive a confirmation to the KCC itself , so I have to receive a confirmation from the KCC ???

KCC does not send confirmations to people when it recieves the forms. You have to call them or email them to get the confirmation!

Not yet!

Any update, any one received the second notification

Not yet, my friend! I was wondering how long the processing step takes, after KCC confirms that they have received the forms. This is what KCC told me after I emailed them.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Please refer to the visa bulletin on our website at www.travel.state.gov after the 15th of each month to locate the current numbers being processed.