Post Decision Activity - Your case is under review with a supervisor

rdxxs8513

Registered Users (C)
Basically today I passed the interview without any problem and IO told me my case is recommended for approval. However, my online status changed to "Post Decision Activity" and shows "Your case is under review with a supervisor".

Is this normal?

I'm a little worried and I can't think of anything may raise concerns but why my case needs a supervisor to review it? Especially I knew some other guys have been offered to wait for their oath letter on site today. But my IO sent me back to wait for the oath letter.

Please share your precious experience brothers and sisters!

Did you have any tickets or any kind of criminal history? that's the only reason i could think they would not tell you on the spot or maybe the IO was new and doesn't have the ability to make decisions right away and needs a supervisor to go over your file for the final decision.

Yes, I disclosed two minor traffic tickets, $60 & $90 fine, paid, I already provided disposition evidence. I don't even need to provide evidence according to the requirement.

And if decision has not been made, shouldn't I still in "Decision" step instead of "Post Decision Activity"?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Decision

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post Decision Activity

Your case is under review with a supervisor.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

The decision has been made by IO. It just requires a supervisor's approval. It well may be a new IO, whose decisions have to be approved by the supervisor. Or you case might have been randomly picked by a supervisor as a part of the quality control routine. I don't see anything to worry about yet. Anyway, it's better than the IRS audit ;)
I don't think that minor infraction tickets might have triggered that.

And if decision has not been made, shouldn't I still in "Decision" step instead of "Post Decision Activity"?

Decision

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

Post Decision Activity

Your case is under review with a supervisor.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

You should not worry about. The officer who has interviewed was not in a position to take decision and he has recommended your case for approval. So basically the supervisor has to look into and then ultimately your case will be approved. Don't take the online status literally. In my case the IO gave me the approval letter and the online status was showing testing and interview even after the interview results. The online status, after two days, changed that I am in scheduling que for Oath.

You should not worry about. The officer who has interviewed was not in a position to take decision and he has recommended your case for approval. So basically the supervisor has to look into and then ultimately your case will be approved. Don't take the online status literally. In my case the IO gave me the approval letter and the online status was showing testing and interview even after the interview results. The online status, after two days, changed that I am in scheduling que for Oath.

I guess you are right. I just hope Mr. Supervisor to look into and approve my case sooner rather than later!

I actually would like to ask if anyone else has been through "Under review by supervisor" status. How long does it take to clear?

Yes, I disclosed two minor traffic tickets, $60 & $90 fine, paid, I already provided disposition evidence. I don't even need to provide evidence according to the requirement.

There's anecdotal evidence that answering "YES" to the question pertaining to arrests, citations and detentions (even if for something as minor as a traffic ticket) automatically triggers a supervisor review. I wouldn't be too worried about it, as this is just a routine procedure.

Last edited by a moderator:
rdxxs8513,

I guess you should be OK.. I had interview last week, everything went well, I had a traffic ticket and disclosed it.
IO said she is recommending my case and gave N-652 with "uscis will send decision in mail".

It is already a week, still my case status is at "testing and interview". On the same day my wife had interview too, she already got oath letter.

I guess in your case, it is better showing status of "post decision", you should get it soon.

rdxxs8513,

I guess you should be OK.. I had interview last week, everything went well, I had a traffic ticket and disclosed it.
IO said she is recommending my case and gave N-652 with "uscis will send decision in mail".

It is already a week, still my case status is at "testing and interview". On the same day my wife had interview too, she already got oath letter.

I guess in your case, it is better showing status of "post decision", you should get it soon.

It looks like the delay is caused by the ticket I disclosed. As Vorpal said, this might be just a routine procedure.

Your case is a perfect example. So I guess your wife's online status has changed to "Oath Ceremony" already.

We shouldn't worry about the result. However, the extra routine is annoying also, in your case, you might not be able to take the oath together with your wife.

I would just like to get over it ASAP.

I actually would like to ask if anyone else has been through "Under review by supervisor" status. How long does it take to clear?

My case was also "Under Review with a Supervisor" for about three weeks, received my oath notification four weeks after the interview. Don't worry, as everyone else has said it's just normal procedure.

My case was also "Under Review with a Supervisor" for about three weeks, received my oath notification four weeks after the interview. Don't worry, as everyone else has said it's just normal procedure.

Good to hear that! The reason I want oath letter so urgent is I will move on June 30. So it will be a peace of mind if I can receive it before I move. Otherwise changing address is unavoidable. What a pain! Dear Mr. Supervisor, please approve my case within 10 days! Thank you!!!

rdxxs8513,

Did the officer ask for the disposition for the traffic tickets or did you provide them to him/her by yourself? Did the officer ask for any details/more evidences besides accepting the disposition? Was he/she satisfied with the disposition evidence? Thank you for your answer.

I wish you best luck.

rdxxs8513,

Did the officer ask for the disposition for the traffic tickets or did you provide them to him/her by yourself? Did the officer ask for any details/more evidences besides accepting the disposition? Was he/she satisfied with the disposition evidence? Thank you for your answer.

I wish you best luck.

Yes he asked for them and I provided. He checked them and it looks OK otherwise he won't recommend for approval which means he is satisfied with the evidence.

Did the officer take your disposition and keep them? Or returned to you after reviewing? Thank you very much.

Yes he asked for them and I provided. He checked them and it looks OK otherwise he won't recommend for approval which means he is satisfied with the evidence.

Yes, he kept them.

I have a simple question; if your traffic tickets are under $500 and if you paid them all, why did you need to disclose them on N-400 application? As far as I know they don't need to know unless there is a DUI or arrest or any ticket required you to pay above $500 in your record. And if not, you don't have to disclose it. This subject was beaten to death in other forums and everybody says the same thing.

Because they want proof of payment they can't just take your word that you paid. All tickets should be disclosed no matter the amount or how serious they are doesn't matter to them be safe and tell them on the spot or risk getting denied or having a detour in your case and a lengthy wait to find out the results of the decision.

I have a simple question; if your traffic tickets are under $500 and if you paid them all, why did you need to disclose them on N-400 application?
Because, it's a citation. Literally, you have been cited (Part 10, D-16), even if later on you were found not guilty by the court.
As far as I know they don't need to know unless there is a DUI or arrest or any ticket required you to pay above $500 in your record.
if a fine was over a half grand, or DUI, or somebody broke a nail, then the documentation must be provided along with N-400. Otherwise (less than $500, no beer cans involved, no bruises), USCIS may request it later. The interviewing officer must make sure the tickets have been paid. (S)He may solely rely on your word or ask for the court disposition. It depends on various factorts, including the officer's mood and the impression you make on people.
And if not, you don't have to disclose it. This subject was beaten to death in other forums and everybody says the same thing.

I wouldn't be so strong-worded. The current USCIS practice is to not to pay much attention to simple traffic tickets. So, they literally give you a break on it. However, don't mix up the law and the current practice. The law may be changed by the Congress only. The practice is completely at the USCIS upper-management discretion. Like the last Obama's initiative pamper the young illegals.