• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

PAPASAN

Registered Users (C)
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all Kenyans who were selected for this year's program. We thank God for giving us this opportunity to explore what America has in store for us....we are optimistic despite all the challenges that we are going to face, uncertainty, and fear for the unknown will come to pass.
We kindly ask other previous winners to help us in answering some queries that we may have concerning green card
GOD BLESS YOU! GOD BLESS KENYA!!!

Tumetokelezea

First things first,glory to the Most High for the opportunity accorded to me & the rest of us lucky enough to have been selected (after what seems to have been an eternity of applying!!!).Congrats & much appreciation to all who came before us to supply much needed insight & keeping the faith.All in all,it is a wonderful feeling...

Dv site is down again!

HELLO HOUSE
seems the dv site is down again, i hope this will not mean cancellation of 2013 results

Hi

I am more than ready to help where i can about the process up to the interview time. Post them and also guys go through the Kenya forum 2011,2012,Nigeria 2011, 2012,Ghana 2011 and 2012 there is a lot info there to be used and i think most ans will be there but if you got a unique case/question just post it.

I Wrote an email to US embassy concerning the visa charges since i wasnt very sure and they replied that it will cost you $330 or Kshs. 28, 050 per person regardless age. This is very good news indeed considering that guyz were paying upto $819.Now i can plan my finances well before interview due dat.

I am more than ready to help where i can about the process up to the interview time. Post them and also guys go through the Kenya forum 2011,2012,Nigeria 2011, 2012,Ghana 2011 and 2012 there is a lot info there to be used and i think most ans will be there but if you got a unique case/question just post it.

Thanks Dubai for offering your help...we need more guyz like...asante!

First things first,glory to the Most High for the opportunity accorded to me & the rest of us lucky enough to have been selected (after what seems to have been an eternity of applying!!!).Congrats & much appreciation to all who came before us to supply much needed insight & keeping the faith.All in all,it is a wonderful feeling...

Obeezyb congrats..! Your signature will be appreciate..

dv2013 folks

I hope y'all are doing well. Welcome on board towards this great pursuit of a better life. It's great you found this site as it will make you life reasonably easy. Most of the queries that you may have have been answered on the 2011 and 2012 threads. Things are changing though so you will still need this thread. The only notable thing I've seen is reduction of visa fees from $819 to $330, the bar has also been raised with regards to k.c.s.e from a minimum of D to C plain. For those who've not met don't despair rather prepare to qualify through work experience. All the best people.

Wow

I hope y'all are doing well. Welcome on board towards this great pursuit of a better life. It's great you found this site as it will make you life reasonably easy. Most of the queries that you may have have been answered on the 2011 and 2012 threads. Things are changing though so you will still need this thread. The only notable thing I've seen is reduction of visa fees from $819 to $330, the bar has also been raised with regards to k.c.s.e from a minimum of D to C plain. For those who've not met don't despair rather prepare to qualify through work experience. All the best people.

Wow i didn't notice the change in kcse min grade from D to C. Were they notified of the same? How can i get that info? I need to help somebody whom i have begged to join the forum but doesn't get it.

Wow i didn't notice the change in kcse min grade from D to C. Were they notified of the same? How can i get that info? I need to help somebody whom i have begged to join the forum but doesn't get it.

dubai-b, apparently that's the new order, a lady who works at IOM told me so. Also refer to moku's case (dv 2012 thread)

My CASE NUMBER IS 2013AF00011###, WHEN should i expect my interview.
I cant be precise but your case number is fairly low, in regards to 2011 visa bulletin then you are likely to get an interview around november..

Hi,
We are also among 2013 selectees but our case is really high, i guess our interview if it all we will get will be somewhere around july august next year, all in all all the best to all of us, i have few questions, my ksce names are different from degree certs and pp, what am i suppose to do? ,my surname is the one with spelling mistakes or rather my father names can be written in 2 ways, so in my pp is other way and in my ksce certs is other way, but i have bachelors degree with same names that i used in application and same names in pp..... i need advice, do they really need ksce cert even if i have degree certs? i also have 5 year experience in healthcare field and im in europe now.... any advice will be appreciated. God bless

Hi,
We are also among 2013 selectees but our case is really high, i guess our interview if it all we will get will be somewhere around july august next year, all in all all the best to all of us, i have few questions, my ksce names are different from degree certs and pp, what am i suppose to do? ,my surname is the one with spelling mistakes or rather my father names can be written in 2 ways, so in my pp is other way and in my ksce certs is other way, but i have bachelors degree with same names that i used in application and same names in pp..... i need advice, do they really need ksce cert even if i have degree certs? i also have 5 year experience in healthcare field and im in europe now.... any advice will be appreciated. God bless

Henrica80, congrats for your selection. With regards to the names just do an affidavit with a credible lawyer indicating the error in your names.
K.C.S.E is the main document they'll use if you want to qualify using education (trust me it's the easier route). Kindly put your signature as well.
All the best.

Henrica80, congrats for your selection. With regards to the names just do an affidavit with a credible lawyer indicating the error in your names.
K.C.S.E is the main document they'll use if you want to qualify using education (trust me it's the easier route). Kindly put your signature as well.
All the best.

I have a concern is it a must that your names must appear in the order of last.first.middle in all your papers birth cert, kcse, police records, degree please advise because am seeing alot of affidavit.

I have a concern is it a must that your names must appear in the order of last.first.middle in all your papers birth cert, kcse, police records, degree please advise because am seeing alot of affidavit.

PAPASAN, Ideally names should be identical in the correct order without spelling mistakes on key documents like birth certificate, KCSE certificate, marriage certificate, passport and ID because this will be reflected on the certificate of good conduct. If anyone's names don't match you can make changes early enough alternatively do affidavits to avoid disappointments at the very last minute. My two cents worth.
All the best.

All the best.

Kenweed,
Thanks alot, we appreciate every single help... bless you. I dont know how to put signature but can tell alittle about us ( Me, hubby and our 2 kids), we applied last year 2011 end of october, dont remember exactly what date... on 6th May, we checked and we were among the selected, thank God!! 19th May we sent our docs, at one point we emailed KCC and they replied that they received our docs and under process. Our CN is 2013AF00065***. Another quiz, is affidavit valid or we should just give up, can you advice of any acredible lawyer? have you heard of anyone who has used affidavit with no complications? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: