• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affter Landing and requesting Green Card , How long will it take to reach me?

Egypt2011

Registered Users (C)
Hello

I got DV immigrant visa , i will move to USA first time soon , i plan to apply for green card immediately
when i reach

i need to know what is expected time to reach me , and can i travel before i take it in hand

Thanks

I am 3 weeks in the USA and still haven't got anything in the mail...Has anybody received his plastic card?
Once you get admitted in the USA, you can travel in and out with your temporary immigrant visa.

I read on this forum last year that it takes approximatively 2 months to recive the GC
good luck

Just received an email from my cousin that my green card arrived in the post yesterday. So that was just over a month for mine. Still waiting for DH and DD's.

I am 3 weeks in the USA and still haven't got anything in the mail...Has anybody received his plastic card?
Once you get admitted in the USA, you can travel in and out with your temporary immigrant visa.

I have also been waiting for mine. I arrived on April 3 and i haven't yet received even welcome letter!! Just hoping its on the way :p

I have also been waiting for mine. I arrived on April 3 and i haven't yet received even welcome letter!! Just hoping its on the way :p

My POE date was April 4th and so far my mail box is empty :confused:

Lets track progress...

My POE date was April 4th and so far my mail box is empty :confused:

Lets track progress...

Got the welcome letter today!! It was sent on April 26, tracking the case on USCIS website, states that my GC was sent out today! So hopefully i will get it before end of this week..Woot woot :)

Same Thing!

Got the welcome letter today!! It was sent on April 26, tracking the case on USCIS website, states that my GC was sent out today! So hopefully i will get it before end of this week..Woot woot :)

Glad to hear that and congratulations!!!
I got my welcome notice last Saturday and according to the USCIS web page my actual card was sent today, too!:D
The plastic should arrive in 2-3 days.:cool:

Once the visa in your passport is endorsed THAT serves as a temporary greencard for one year. As soon as the visa is endorsed you may travel abroad just like any other LPR (lawful permanent resident) or "immigrant" or greencard-holder.....

NOTE: If a US LPR needs a visa to visit a country, you need to get one AND your passport must be otherwise OK for travel to any particular country.

Hi friend

Recently I hope to reach USA as a GC winner. After collect my GC and SSN, I hope go back to Dubai to continue my job for several months. I need to know how many days or months I can stay out of USA. Then I hope to reach USA again before cancel the my visa. Any body have idea about this matter.

Regards

Hi friend

Recently I hope to reach USA as a GC winner. After collect my GC and SSN, I hope go back to Dubai to continue my job for several months. I need to know how many days or months I can stay out of USA. Then I hope to reach USA again before cancel the my visa. Any body have idea about this matter.

Regards

An LPR may stay abroad for less than one year and be readmitted. After you reach one year without prior authorization for more time, the card is no longer good for travel and you would have to apply for a "Returning Resident Visa (SB-1)".

An alternative is to apply for a Re-Entry Permit (REP) on form I-131. The I-131 must be submitted by an LPR inside the U.S. and it must be received by USCIS before you may depart or else it MUST be denied.

The I-131 requires you to report for biometric as an ASC inside the U.S. Most folks are notified and fingerprinted in as little as 2 or 3 weeks after filing. While you may depart after the form is accepted for filing and you getting fingerprinted, most folks wait around and then depart.

The REP may be delivered via a Consulate or USCIS Office abroad (you indicate your desire for that in the initial application).

The REP allows you to stay abroad for up to two years. You must embark on your return journey before the REP expires. This only protects you from losing status but the time spent abroad with an REP does not count for naturalization eligibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine took 3 months to get to me, they say it can take up to 11 months though so it really depends I guess it can change for each person!