My Citizenship

terdampar

Registered Users (C)
I got my Oath ceremony last week (04/17/12) in Oakland, CA, and now applying for my passport. I cannot give you the details and exact dates of my history here since I sincerely forgot them all :). I will have to open my archive folder for that and not really in the mood now, but feel free to ask me if there's anything you are curious about.

My journey began on 11/04/01, the date I entered US with brokenhearted (related to my asylum not to soulmate thing :) ). I applied for asylum one month after and got the interview around Feb the year after. This one is the most nervewrecking one compared to the series of interviews I had to go through during the whole process till I got my citizenship. They fully granted my aplication then and by summer 2002 I got my SSN and Working Permit already. Moving around and been living in 6 states for pursuing better jobs and better life until now I end up in the same city (SF) I came 11 years ago :) ...

Applied for my GC in 2006 and felt devastated once I found out that they (INS) lost my application. I made like 'thousands' calls and letters to them before finally they found my documents again (phew) :rolleyes: ... it had moved around to 3 INS centers in 3 states (I have no idea why). I was just relieved that I didn't have to re-apply.
So by early 2008 I received my GC which was backdated one year before. Last December I applied for my citizenship and got interviewed in late Mar and had my Oath last week.

I am not saying that everything went smoothly, but pretty much (except for the "losing" period) it all went without big 'incidents' at all.
I joined this forum since 2007 and received a lot of helpful advices from you guys, not to mention scarry ones too :) ... but overall there are more benefits than discouragements.

Thank you guys and for you who are still on the way ... don't give up, always keep your spirit up and it's all worth it at the end!

Congrats!

What kind of questions were you asked in your citizenship interview?

1) What do we call the first ten amendments to the constitution?
2)We elect a President for how many years?
3) What is the name of the speaker of the House of Representatives now?
4) Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived?
5) When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
6) Name one of the longest rivers in the United States?

Since I answered them correctly she didn't proceed with the last 4 questions.

1) What do we call the first ten amendments to the constitution?
2)We elect a President for how many years?
3) What is the name of the speaker of the House of Representatives now?
4) Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived?
5) When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
6) Name one of the longest rivers in the United States?

Since I answered them correctly she didn't proceed with the last 4 questions.

Were questions asked about your asylum or asylum related ?

Were questions asked about your asylum or asylum related ?

Yes she did, only "What was the cause of your asylum case?" ... I guess she just wanted to know if that was political / religion / sexual preference / etc. I told her the cause and that's all ... she just responded "oh ok" without any facial expression (like she cares :))