• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

finding US job after getting DV

tevolo

Registered Users (C)
I am wondering how people who have completed their interviews and got their DV are going finding a job in the US remotely from overseas? The job market is not great in US at the moment and harder if you apply for overseas.

I am wondering how people who have completed their interviews and got their DV are going finding a job in the US remotely from overseas? The job market is not great in US at the moment and harder if you apply for overseas.

good point ..from overseas is impossible to find the job in the US
once in the US its hard but possible to find the job ..usually it might take 6-12 months before you start working any kind of job and around 3-5 years before you find a job in your profession (for which you already have qualifications from your country ) .
.. there is always exceptions .;recently i meet a guy who become a surgeon after 20+ years in the US -it took him that long to become one and he already had finished medical studies in his native country and had 2 years of American studies behind him when he got GC

That is wrong. Depends on your experience etc. My spouse was called overseas by a headhunter and later accepted that job.

Maybe you should speak for yourself.
It all depends on one's field. If it is waiting tables or bar tending then yes, it's nearly impossible. But for the people in the professional fields such as computing or engineering it would at least be possible to set up a few job interviews in advance prior to arrival. you can set up your dice, linked in profiles and start looking before you enter the USA.

That is wrong. Depends on your experience etc. My spouse was called overseas by a headhunter and later accepted that job.

I agree with Tazmania.

I had no problem finding a job while overseas; this will depend on your skill set, experience, industry ect...

It is alway better to look for a job while you are local, but it certainly isn't impossible to get a job while abroad.

AJK

Maybe you should speak for yourself.
It all depends on one's field. If it is waiting tables or bar tending then yes, it's nearly impossible. But for the people in the professional fields such as computing or engineering it would at least be possible to set up a few job interviews in advance prior to arrival. you can set up your dice, linked in profiles and start looking before you enter the USA.
I just helped two computer engineers to set their companies in Eastern Europe
just landed contract with 3 IT guys from CA ..all of them MOVED OUT of US or are planing to move out due to lack of steady jobs and income
even those two professions are feeling the pinch ...if you are recent immigrant or you are looking for a job from your country before emigrating to US your chance to land a job is 0
you might get an interview but lie that you are in the same state (even immigrants from the different state wont get picked )I know tons of HR people so I'm telling you first hand