• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Amine

Registered Users (C)
For all those who will find out that they have been selected for DV 2013... post your questions here.

We will do our best to answer your questions as fully and thoroughly as possible.

2013 dv aos

I'm selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2013. As I'm here in USA, i'm planning to go with AOS.

So what are the next steps to be followed? What are the forms that i need to send to KCC ?

And more importantly, while submitting DV lottery form back in 2011, i was single but now my marital status has been changed. So how should i incorporate my spouse( She is also here in US) in my application for further processing now.

Please guys, guide me in right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hidhruba

Congratulations on being selected, Hidhruba, and welcome to the DV 2013 AOS thread!

Send DSP-122 and 2 color passport photographs to KCC to begin processing of your case. You can file these today. You may also write a cover letter informing them that you are doing Adjustment of Status in United States.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I'm selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2013. As I'm here in USA, i'm planning to go with AOS.

So what are the next steps to be followed? What are the forms that i need to send to KCC ?

And more importantly, while submitting DV lottery form back in 2011, i was single but now my marital status has been changed. So how should i incorporate my spouse( She is also here in US) in my application for further processing now.

Please guys, guide me in right direction.

Amine

Thanks for you quick response.

But how about my last concern ?
How should i let them know that my marital status has been changed to married ?
Do i need to send DS-230 along with DSP 122?
When should i pay the DV fees ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Now, you should send DSP122+ barcode letter to KCC
and pay AOS fee which is 330 for each of you so the total is 660$
and when your number current file the AOS for you and your wife

Hidhruba

You will have to file your I-485 together with your spouse and report that you are married. Since your spouse is physically present with you in the US right now, you can include her in your application.

Go ahead and send DS-230 along with DSP 122.

You may go ahead and pay the DV fees ($660 total) when you receive an e-mail from KCC that your application has been successfully received and processed (that is, after you send DS-230 and DSP 122 and receive an e-mail from KCC).

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Thank you guys for your suggestion. I will do as suggested and will let you know if i have any concerns.

You will have to file your I-485 together with your spouse and report that you are married. Since your spouse is physically present with you in the US right now, you can include her in your application.

Go ahead and send DS-230 along with DSP 122.

You may go ahead and pay the DV fees ($660 total) when you receive an e-mail from KCC that your application has been successfully received and processed (that is, after you send DS-230 and DSP 122 and receive an e-mail from KCC).

I called KCC on Friday, they told me that we would not receive any email if the application had been successfully processed. They were pretty vague but they said that I would get contacted in September. Can someone please clarify when one would pay in AoS fee in that case?

DV 2013 AOS questions

Hi,
I am selected to DV2013. I am not in the states now. I will go to the states at the end of July as a new PhD student(F1 visa). My original plan is to get marry at the end of July with my fiance'. He is in the states now as a student, graduating in Aug. My question is (1) If we apply for green card in Aug, is it too late? (2) My fiance' will apply for opt in July. If I help him apply for green card together with me as my spouse, will his F1-opt be denied? (3) I got the number of 4XXX. Will I have the chance to interview before December? I am afraid that my fiance' cannot stay too long in the states for his F1-opt. I want to make sure he can go to the interview with me. Thank you. :)

Hello,

First of all thanks for the great work you are doing here in this place. Your forum is fantastic, full of useful information and experiences.

I am among 2013 selectees and I live in the US (F-1). I am planning to do AOS here.

I have a question. I have been told how important it is to not have any mis-matches in the documents. Yesterday I noticed a silly thing.

My first name is Amirali. I have been writing my name like this all the time. It appears like this in all my forms and passport as well. Yesterday when I was checking my birth certificate translation which I got 4 years ago when I was moving to America, I noticed that my first name is written as "Amir Ali". Everything else is the same "Amirali", even my passport.

I was a little bit concerned about it. Is this gonna be an issue? should I try to get a new birth certificate translation to fix this space in my first name?!

Hello,

First of all thanks for the great work you are doing here in this place. Your forum is fantastic, full of useful information and experiences.

I am among 2013 selectees and I live in the US (F-1). I am planning to do AOS here.

I have a question. I have been told how important it is to not have any mis-matches in the documents. Yesterday I noticed a silly thing.

My first name is Amirali. I have been writing my name like this all the time. It appears like this in all my forms and passport as well. Yesterday when I was checking my birth certificate translation which I got 4 years ago when I was moving to America, I noticed that my first name is written as "Amir Ali". Everything else is the same "Amirali", even my passport.

I was a little bit concerned about it. Is this gonna be an issue? should I try to get a new birth certificate translation to fix this space in my first name?!
Do not worry... this should not be an issue. I had a similar issue but with my last name. In my birth certificate my last name is Xx-Yy but in my passport, US IDs and all other documents my last name is just Xxyy. This is not an issue as long as your birth certificate clearly states that your first name is "Amir Ali" and not that your first name is Amir and your middle name is Ali.

Do not worry... this should not be an issue. I had a similar issue but with my last name. In my birth certificate my last name is Xx-Yy but in my passport, US IDs and all other documents my last name is just Xxyy. This is not an issue as long as your birth certificate clearly states that your first name is "Amir Ali" and not that your first name is Amir and your middle name is Ali.

Oh good! Yes, thats exactly the case for me.

I really appreciate your reply.

Thank you very much.

Amir Ali

No worries, Amir Ali! You'll be fine.

Hello,

cimk1484

You may go ahead and apply for Adjustment of Status when you come to the U.S. As long as you are not out-of-status in the U.S., you can apply for AOS and be issued your Green Card while you're in the U.S.

I do not see a problem with you applying along with your future husband. Have him apply for OPT anyways; I do not believe he'll be denied OPT since he will submit it before he does his I-485 (AOS)

If your number is 4xxx, there's a big chance you may be interviewed before December.

Hi,
I am selected to DV2013. I am not in the states now. I will go to the states at the end of July as a new PhD student(F1 visa). My original plan is to get marry at the end of July with my fiance'. He is in the states now as a student, graduating in Aug. My question is (1) If we apply for green card in Aug, is it too late? (2) My fiance' will apply for opt in July. If I help him apply for green card together with me as my spouse, will his F1-opt be denied? (3) I got the number of 4XXX. Will I have the chance to interview before December? I am afraid that my fiance' cannot stay too long in the states for his F1-opt. I want to make sure he can go to the interview with me. Thank you. :)

H1b expires in May, Visa number will become in April

Hi,

My H1b expires in May, and according last years' trends my Visa number will become in March-April. Can I continue my employment after filing I-485 and I-765 (in April let's say)? Any thoughts? Any advises?

BTW you guys are absolutely the best!!! Thank you for all posts!

etiuda

If your H1B expires in May, make sure you file I-765 along with I-485 at the beginning of April (if the current number trends are the same as this year).

It will also be safe for you to stop working as soon as your H1B expires (as long as you have not received your Work Authorization Card from I-765 just yet).

Hi,

My H1b expires in May, and according last years' trends my Visa number will become in March-April. Can I continue my employment after filing I-485 and I-765 (in April let's say)? Any thoughts? Any advises?

BTW you guys are absolutely the best!!! Thank you for all posts!

If your H1B expires in May, make sure you file I-765 along with I-485 at the beginning of April (if the current number trends are the same as this year).

It will also be safe for you to stop working as soon as your H1B expires (as long as you have not received your Work Authorization Card from I-765 just yet).

Thank you, Amine.

If I have to stop working, can I take unpaid vacation, unpaid leave of absence, or I have to simply quit? And how long does it take USCIS to process the I-765?

Last edited by a moderator:
etiuda

You may want to talk to Human Resources about that and ask them if all that is feasible.

Processing times for I-765 may take anywhere from 1 month to 2.5 months (normal processing takes 3 months according to the USCIS website).

Thank you, Amine.

If I have to stop working, can I take unpaid vacation, unpaid leave of absence, or I have to simply quit? And how long does it take USCIS to process the I-765?