My interview experience!

smile1

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I just got back from my naturalization interview. My interview was at 8:45 and I reached the facility at 8:15 am. At this time there were about 40 people already in the waiting area. Everyone that went in took about 10-15 min coming out. At 8:45 sharp my name was called. The IO took me in the cabin,asked me to raise my hand and take the oath. Then he asked me to put on the table all passports,drivers license and my GC. He started right away with the English reading and writing test. While he was still checking off my file ,he started asking the civics questions..

Who were brought to US as slaves?
What is the supreme law of the land?
Who is the vice president now?
How many amendments does the constitution have?
How many supreme court judges are there?
Name one part of the government?
Who makes federal laws?

Then he went on to my N400 form and just confirmed my name,address, children's BCs, tax papers.....he was talking more to himself and not really asking me! Then we went on to the 'yes/no' questions in the form. Then he just made me sign a form and checked" congratulation! Your application has been approved" box and handed me the paper! Told me to wait outside for about an hour to get my oath letter and updated his system for my oath ceremony next Friday,the 20th:) . Shook my hand, congratulated me and walked me out! The whole process took about 13 min. waited for about 2 hrs and got my oath letter in hand.

Wow....what a relief and still not able to grasp that it's done! Thanks to all of you here for the help and support! And good luck to everyone next in line. I will still be around on these forums so if anyone has any questions,please ask away.

Congrats

Congrats. I had my interview/oath early this month and understand you feeling of relief!

Congratulations

A Big Congratulations from me as well.
Sounded like the IO really knew what he was doing.
(You also obviously :] )

Nick

Thanks...:).....yeah,the IO seemed like he already knew my file.Very little small talk...mostly professional polite and courteous.

Congrats

thanks...:).....yeah,the io seemed like he already knew my file.very little small talk...mostly professional polite and courteous.

what i told you through my interview experience. No one should be worry about the interview. Go with the confidence.

My oath will be on 04.23.2012.

Good luck everyone,

gogi274

Hi all,

I just got back from my naturalization interview. My interview was at 8:45 and I reached the facility at 8:15 am. At this time there were about 40 people already in the waiting area. Everyone that went in took about 10-15 min coming out. At 8:45 sharp my name was called. The IO took me in the cabin,asked me to raise my hand and take the oath. Then he asked me to put on the table all passports,drivers license and my GC. He started right away with the English reading and writing test. While he was still checking off my file ,he started asking the civics questions..

Who were brought to US as slaves?
What is the supreme law of the land?
Who is the vice president now?
How many amendments does the constitution have?
How many supreme court judges are there?
Name one part of the government?
Who makes federal laws?

Then he went on to my N400 form and just confirmed my name,address, children's BCs, tax papers.....he was talking more to himself and not really asking me! Then we went on to the 'yes/no' questions in the form. Then he just made me sign a form and checked" congratulation! Your application has been approved" box and handed me the paper! Told me to wait outside for about an hour to get my oath letter and updated his system for my oath ceremony next Friday,the 20th:) . Shook my hand, congratulated me and walked me out! The whole process took about 13 min. waited for about 2 hrs and got my oath letter in hand.

Wow....what a relief and still not able to grasp that it's done! Thanks to all of you here for the help and support! And good luck to everyone next in line. I will still be around on these forums so if anyone has any questions,please ask away.

It will REALLY be done next Friday!

Congrats!

Thanks Bigjoe.....yeah.... Friday it is!Now pretty soon I'll start the CP process for my parents. Will need all of your help again!