Selective Service

Dedo

Registered Users (C)
I see that having registered for the Selective Service is a requirement for citizenship. How does this apply to someone who came here for college and did the whole F1-H1-F1-OPT-GC path? I see on the Naturalization Eligibility Worksheet that if you don't answer yes to being registered you cannot even apply for citizenship.

Explain please.

I see that having registered for the Selective Service is a requirement for citizenship. How does this apply to someone who came here for college and did the whole F1-H1-F1-OPT-GC path? I see on the Naturalization Eligibility Worksheet that if you don't answer yes to being registered you cannot even apply for citizenship.

Explain please.

IF you were a male of the appropriate age, you would have been informed of the need to register during the adjustment (greencard) process. Lawful non-immigrants are not required to register. IF you were required to register it is possible that you signed something during adjustment which informed you and if you did not follow through, it can be held against you but only for a limited period of time.

How old are you now and how old were you when you got your greencard? This information will allow us to help address your concerns.

IF you were a male of the appropriate age, you would have been informed of the need to register during the adjustment (greencard) process. Lawful non-immigrants are not required to register. IF you were required to register it is possible that you signed something during adjustment which informed you and if you did not follow through, it can be held against you but only for a limited period of time.

How old are you now and how old were you when you got your greencard? This information will allow us to help address your concerns.

I see it now in the sticky also, thanks! I was in non-immigrant status until i was 36, so no need to worry I suppose

Thanks!

No need to worry

Since you are 36 you are well beyond the "statute" of limitations anyway. :)