Family on B2 visa

ahmadj

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I have family from germany who came to visit us on march 21, 2012. 4 people, 3 of them, Jack, George, and Harry have german nationality and are here on the visa waiver program (first time in US) the 4th one. Mary, is married to Harry is here on a B2 visa, which is valid for 6 months starting march 21st 2012.

The question is, we all would like to take a trip to Tijuana, mexico for 2 days. Will any of them have a problem when they try to enter back in the states after visiting Mexico?

If it's a hassle I would not take them them there, if its possible they would very much Love to go.

thanks

Ahmad

As long as they do not hand over their I-94s when leaving for Mexico, they should be fine upon re-entering. Keep in mind, visitors are NEVER guaranteed admission.

I have family from germany who came to visit us on march 21, 2012. 4 people, 3 of them, Jack, George, and Harry have german nationality and are here on the visa waiver program (first time in US) the 4th one. Mary, is married to Harry is here on a B2 visa, which is valid for 6 months starting march 21st 2012.

The question is, we all would like to take a trip to Tijuana, mexico for 2 days. Will any of them have a problem when they try to enter back in the states after visiting Mexico?

If it's a hassle I would not take them them there, if its possible they would very much Love to go.

While in the U.S., you may go to Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean and re-enter the U.S. using the I-94W you were issued when you first arrived in the U.S., although the time you spend there is included in the 90 days allotted for your visit.

Question Regarding American Tourist Visa.

Hi,

I apologize for posting my question in this blog as for some odd reason i can not post my own question. But i'll be really thankful if someone can answer my question regarding an American Tourist Visa. I just got my tourist visa (10 years), but now i'm applying for a new passport since i have pretty much exhausted all my pages in my current passport. Can someone please tell me the procedure to transfer the tourist visa from my old passport to the new one, including all the fees involved with it?

Now, i know i dont have to do anything like that and that all i have to do is carry my old passprt (with the valid tourist visa) along with my new passport while travelling to the US. But i dont want to do that as it is a hassle to carry two passports all the time. So i WANT to transfer the visa to my new passport. Can someone please help me out with this?

Thanks in advance and i apologize again for posting this question on someone elses board.

Cheers!

Hi,

I apologize for posting my question in this blog as for some odd reason i can not post my own question. But i'll be really thankful if someone can answer my question regarding an American Tourist Visa. I just got my tourist visa (10 years), but now i'm applying for a new passport since i have pretty much exhausted all my pages in my current passport. Can someone please tell me the procedure to transfer the tourist visa from my old passport to the new one, including all the fees involved with it?

Now, i know i dont have to do anything like that and that all i have to do is carry my old passprt (with the valid tourist visa) along with my new passport while travelling to the US. But i dont want to do that as it is a hassle to carry two passports all the time. So i WANT to transfer the visa to my new passport. Can someone please help me out with this?

Thanks in advance and i apologize again for posting this question on someone elses board.

Cheers!

If you don't want to carry both passports, you will have to apply for a new visa (there is no option to transfer a visa). Fees of $ 140 will need to be paid again.

If you don't want to carry both passports, you will have to apply for a new visa (there is no option to transfer a visa). Fees of $ 140 will need to be paid again.

Thanks nkm for answering my question. Well, in that case, will I have to go through the whole harrowing interview process again? Or this time around, will it just be for formalities sake, since im only trying to get that visa transferred into my new passport.

Staple both booklets. It will save you a lot of potential grief. There was a time when my Pakistani passport had three booklets stapled together.

will I have to go through the whole harrowing interview process again? Or this time around, will it just be for formalities sake, since im only trying to get that visa transferred into my new passport.

Thanks nkm for answering my question. Well, in that case, will I have to go through the whole harrowing interview process again? Or this time around, will it just be for formalities sake, since im only trying to get that visa transferred into my new passport.

Thre is no visa transfer service available.

You might be able to skip the interview but fees and a new application process will be needed. Click here for more information.

Why you cannot simply carry both passports?

Staple both booklets. It will save you a lot of potential grief. There was a time when my Pakistani passport had three booklets stapled together.

I really hate that stapeling of passports business. My dad had done that when i was a kid to my first and second passport as my 10-year visa was in my first passport, and i hated every bit of it since it makes it so thick n bulky.

Thre is no visa transfer service available.

You might be able to skip the interview but fees and a new application process will be needed.

Why you cannot simply carry both passports?

Ok, if i can skip the interview and especially that whole line b4 i get to the interview, then i'll be more than glad to re-apply. I'm not really bothered with paying all the fees again, im cool with that. But i just dont want to stand in that long line all over again.

Like i mentioned earlier, I really dont like this 2 passport stapled together business. I just dont understand why cant they have this option at the Embassy to transfer visas from an old passport to a new one. I mean, charge whatever fees you want to for that process, but atleast give people that option to transfer it to their new passport, if they want to. I fail to understand why they cant do this. I am sure there are a lot of 'behind the scenes' procedures that they need to do in order to transfer visas, but why not do it when people are willing to pay the fees associated with it?

If your local US consulate welcomes comments and suggestions, use that opportunity :)

I fail to understand why they cant do this. I am sure there are a lot of 'behind the scenes' procedures that they need to do in order to transfer visas, but why not do it when people are willing to pay the fees associated with it?

You can visit anywhere while you are in USA,but the time you have spend there is included in the 90 days allotted for your visit.