• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DO WE NEED to submit I-130?

maronosky

Registered Users (C)
Hi all!
conglaturations for people who've already gotten green card!

I have a question about I-130 when you go with CP.

On instruction for DV program official site, it dose not say anything about I-130.
but when I checked the Japan US embassy page, (to process immigrant Visa,)
it says people have to submit I-130 to USCIS.

Did you think do I have to submit I-130 to USCIS?

thank you

You need (Form I-134) as an affidavit of support

All the information needed are here:
http://travel.state.gov/pdf/1318-DV2012Instructions-ENGL.pdf

34.IF I AM SUCCESSFUL IN OBTAINING A VISA THROUGH THE DV PROGRAM, WILL THE U.S. GOVERNMENT ASSIST WITH MY AIRFARE TO THE UNITED STATES, PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO LOCATE HOUSING AND EMPLOYMENT, PROVIDE HEALTHCARE, OR PROVIDE ANY SUBSIDIES UNTIL I AM FULLY SETTLED?

No, applicants who obtain a DV are not provided any type of assistance such as airfare, housing assistance, or subsidies. If you are selected to apply for a DV, you will be required to provide evidence that you will not become a public charge in the United States before being issued a visa. This evidence may be in the form of a combination of your personal assets, an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) from a relative or friend residing in the United States, and/or an offer of employment from an employer in the United States.

Last edited by a moderator:
Form I 130 is used by US citizens and green card holders to petition relatives they have a petionable relationship with. If you arrive on a DV lottery and then marry a person back home this is the form you will use for them. Because it is the most popular immigrant visa it is the one embassies will mention first. No you dont need it.

thank you!

thank you guys!

ok, now I understand that i need I-134,
and Im unemployee but my husband already has job in U.S,
so even if I don't have job, should I submit I-134 which show I am supporting my husband ??

Ill get my husband's employment letter and bank statement for both of us.

thank you guys!

ok, now I understand that i need I-134,
and Im unemployee but my husband already has job in U.S,
so even if I don't have job, should I submit I-134 which show I am supporting my husband ??

Ill get my husband's employment letter and bank statement for both of us.

on of post above correctly quoted requirement. In addition to that, each embassy may have their own requirements. that's why posts on this world-wide forum may not always be applicable to a person's case. Generally, each person's case is different. Some require I-134 and some don't; it all depends on your personal financial situation. the core requirement is not to bring I-134 but rather to prove that you have sufficient funds that you will not become a public debt.