B1- Interview for People older than 79

Anand-Citizen

Registered Users (C)
I want to apply visitor visa for my parents. father is 85 and mother is 79. i read somewhere that interview is not necessary for people above 79 years of age.

Is this true? is there a way to avoid interview for them, since they do not live in Bombay.

I am a Citizen, is getting green card for them would be eaiser?

Thanks in Advance.

If the applicant is at least 80 years old, then a personal interview is not required. Otherwise a presonal interview is required and there is no way to avoid it.

Is this their first visa application to US? Recently a new program has been implemented by US consulates/embassies worldwide which allows interview waiver if a visa is being renewed in the same category with 48 months of expiration. Click here for more information.

Applying for a green card will take several months and upwards of $1500 per person. Consider this option only if you want them to live with you in the US for long term. Green cards will definitely require a personal interview.

If the applicant is at least 80 years old, then a personal interview is not required. Otherwise a presonal interview is required and there is no way to avoid it.

Is this their first visa application to US? Recently a new program has been implemented by US consulates/embassies worldwide which allows interview waiver if a visa is being renewed in the same category with 48 months of expiration. Click here for more information.

Applying for a green card will take several months and upwards of $1500 per person. Consider this option only if you want them to live with you in the US for long term. Green cards will definitely require a personal interview.

Thanks nkm-oct23

This would be their first Visa. They dont want to live here and that is why i am not applying for GC.

Do you Know what would be the Procedure for them, as there is no interview, then how and where do they send the documents.

I tried to search but cannot find any description for that.

If your mother is 79 years old, she has to attend a personal interview for her visa, there is no exception. Contact VFS in Mimbai which handles all US visa applications for more information.

Applicants who are 80-years-old or older, and have not been previously found ineligible for a U.S. visa, do not require visa interview appointment and are not required to come to the U.S. Embassy to apply for nonimmigrant visas.

Applicants who are 80-years-old or older, and have not been previously found ineligible for a U.S. visa, do not require visa interview appointment and are not required to come to the U.S. Embassy to apply for nonimmigrant visas.

I wish you would remove the COMMERCIAL links to poor quality websites from your spam-like posts. Consider yourself reported as spam.