School record at naturalization?

Marusia_GC

Registered Users (C)
Sorry, maybe this is a very stupid question, but my son and I worry a lot about his high-school record. Will immigration officers check at his high school the record of his behavior? Police has never been involved, but he had a few detentions at school, all for very stupid reasons, nevertheless, the record maybe not very favorable. Now he is a University student, a junior. Everything is fine so far, but he is concerned about those school episodes...

No you shouldn't be worried all they care about is tickets and any trouble with the police.

Thanks for response! That's what I thought, but needed confirmation that there is no need to worry. As soon as interview approaches, I get more and more anxious, trying to predict where the "catches" may come from...

Sorry, maybe this is a very stupid question, but my son and I worry a lot about his high-school record. Will immigration officers check at his high school the record of his behavior? Police has never been involved, but he had a few detentions at school, all for very stupid reasons, nevertheless, the record maybe not very favorable. Now he is a University student, a junior. Everything is fine so far, but he is concerned about those school episodes...

I once got sent to the corner in kindergarten. They denied my N-400 for this reason, but I won on appeal.

When I asked the question about school record, I was not joking - I have asked a serious question, which has a ground for it. The problem is that my son at the end of 9th grade hacked his school computer network, sending all his classmates the message, something like "Congrats! Another stupid school year is over!" on the screens on the PCs. The message get to the school principal's computer as well, and there was a big scandal. My son was a straight "A" student, but as a punishment he was suspended from school for a few days, which were the days of finals. As a result, he got "B"s instead of "A"s in subject he had missed the finals. This is not a problem, but the record appeared in his school dossier about hacking. Besides, there were a few other records, for example, "Bad behavior on the bus: taught 5th graders that there is no Heaven and no Hell"... and had a few detentions at school, basically, Saturday school, for running during the breaks, etc. Since the application N-400 contains info about his high school (name, address, etc.), I thought they might check his dossier from high school. Luckily, police was not involved in this hacking case, because it was a joke which did not result in any harm, but it was very stressful, and as far as I know hacking in many cases could be considered as a crime. For the criterion of "good moral character", should he confess to the IO about this episode? Could IO somehow get info about what happened in 9th grade?

You are asking should he refer to a non-Police matter that happened in the 9th grade, and he is now at University? :confused:

I have read a couple of your posts today, and although I understand your anxiety, it seems that everyone has the correct advice for you and there is little to be concerned about. Best to try to remain calm and realise everything will be fine. It will be worse to get yourself all tense and anxious leading up to the interview :)

You are nearly there - take deep breaths and try not to get overwhelmed. Much better that the IO see a calm person than one who appears as if something is wrong, when indeed it is not.

Very warm wishes and all the best - take care, it will all be fine :)

Q

They don't care about school disciplinary incidents that didn't involve law enforcement officers. He shouldn't say anything about it, and they're not going to check.

No you shouldn't be worried all they care about is tickets and any trouble with the police.

They don't even care about tickets. Arrests, on the other hand, they do care about.

Last edited by a moderator: