GC renewal drawing near......REGISTERED FELON

amother

In 04 I was charged with petite theft but no arrest, just a diversion course. In 05 I was arrested and charged with grand theft credit card fraud $5000, made bail. Adjudication of guilt was withheld, I did no jail time BUT I got 3yrs probation, community service and I had to register as a felon, because I committed a felony.. All took place in Orange county Florida. And it all happen within five years of me being in the US. I arrived in 2000.

Now in a couple months I have to renew my GC and I'm so worried of being sent home. I tried to seal/expunged it and $500 later the lawyer said I cant. I think they knew that before they got paid. I know many may see it best to get an immigration lawyer, but I'm barely able to support myself at this point and I cannot afford one. I haven't worked in over a year. BLAH!

Thanks in advance on your advice.

Start saving your cash, you're going home, no new green card for you. Your NCIC report will show one or both of the arrests, then CIS will ask you for the court documents, then you got the problem of how "not to" lie on your application, a arrest is a arrest and so is a conviction, probation is a conviction. America needs old honest folks, you ain't one of them.

In 04 I was charged with petite theft but no arrest, just a diversion course. In 05 I was arrested and charged with grand theft credit card fraud $5000, made bail. Adjudication of guilt was withheld, I did no jail time BUT I got 3yrs probation, community service and I had to register as a felon, because I committed a felony.. All took place in Orange county Florida. And it all happen within five years of me being in the US. I arrived in 2000.

Now in a couple months I have to renew my GC and I'm so worried of being sent home. I tried to seal/expunged it and $500 later the lawyer said I cant. I think they knew that before they got paid. I know many may see it best to get an immigration lawyer, but I'm barely able to support myself at this point and I cannot afford one. I haven't worked in over a year. BLAH!

Thanks in advance on your advice.