B1/B2 with prospective student on I-94

sum1_2talk

I hold a 10 yr multiple entry B1/B2 visa. I entered USA last month on B2 visa to do a elective rotation in medicine at cornell university for 4 weeks. My acceptance letter mentions that I have to enter on tourist visa to do that rotation and i showed the same letter at POE. However immigration officer asked me what if you get accepted at cornell. I explained him that its not like that i ll be accepted and im gonna finish rotation and go back home where im a medical student..He checked my ID card and gave me 6 months stay......But he crossed "PROSPECTIVE STUDENT" box on my I-94.
Now im back .....and I will be visiting US again next year....Please let me know that whether that "PROSPECTIVE STUDENT" could trouble my entry in future......like is it possible that Im asked questions like......Why u didnt change to F1 status????

Hi sum1_2talk,
Since you have a valid multiple entry visa you shouldn't have a problem entering US but yeah may be you would have to convince the person at POE further more than the first time. Stay for short duration shouldn't be a problem.Good luck!

You should be good. You were a prospective student, not a confirmed one :)

Please let me know that whether that "PROSPECTIVE STUDENT" could trouble my entry in future......like is it possible that Im asked questions like......Why u didnt change to F1 status????

thanx for the reply.....
the thing is i never needed F1 visa.....and wont need in future.....I wud be entering next time just to meet my sister and take my usmle step 2 cs exam......maybe a stay of like 1 month.
so wat will i need to convince the officer at POE......will he ask me about that prospective student thing????? if yes......wat cud they possibly ask??

You do not need any convincing. If questioned, which is a long shot in itself, let the officer know that you were a prospective student during the last visit but that is no longer the case.

so wat will i need to convince the officer at POE......will he ask me about that prospective student thing????? if yes......wat cud they possibly ask??

thanx again !!!

But the thing is I never went to be a student there so technically I guess I was not a prospective student this time......I was just going to do a rotation at cornell on B2 and university letter mentioned it clearly to enter US on tourist visa.....inspite of that POE officer marked me as prospective student......I dont understand why????

next time I plan to carry with me the same document......wud that be sufficent??
Do they keep track of such notations on I94???

Paranoia has no remedy. If and when you are questioned about your previous visit, state exactly what you have stated to this forum. Tell the officer you have no idea why you were given the annotated I-94 that you were given. As I said before, I highly doubt you will be questioned.

But the thing is I never went to be a student there so technically I guess I was not a prospective student this time......I was just going to do a rotation at cornell on B2 and university letter mentioned it clearly to enter US on tourist visa.....inspite of that POE officer marked me as prospective student......I dont understand why????

next time I plan to carry with me the same document......wud that be sufficent??
Do they keep track of such notations on I94???