Termination of Removal Proceedings

omarsherif

Registered Users (C)
"I have my removal proceedings terminated by an IJ. I have an approved I-130 and also filed I-485 with the Texas Service Centre before the termination of proceedings....what is the next step.

Have you been fingerprinted yet?

Once that's done you usually get scheduled for an interview. Check the processing times at the local office by where you live, it's just a rough guide on how long it takes. see www.uscis.gov

Just checked the processing time and they are on January,2011. My question is, I filed this I-485 in November, 2010 whilst and had a receipt number the same month. Will they take me as a november filer??

Just checked the processing time and they are on January,2011. My question is, I filed this I-485 in November, 2010 whilst and had a receipt number the same month. Will they take me as a november filer??

The case only gets in the scheduling queue after it is transferred from ICE Counsel (they had it while EOIR proceedings were in process) to USCIS. Add a week from the date the IJ terminated until it probably got back to USCIS. That is USUALLY the starting point for waiting on USCIS scheduling. However, IF you already had an I-130 interview they might not need another. It varies on the circumstances of each case.

Hi Omar,
I am in almost the same situation as yours. My lawyer just mailed a motion to terminate proceedings to court. Why were you in proceedings? Did ice attorney agreed without problems? I think you file your work permit authorization with the I-485 application. If you did not then you just feed it in to your 485 appl.

Thanks Bigjoe5.....So can I apply for a work permit? If so how do i go about that

If you filed the I-485 through an attorney, check with the attorney first. The I-765 is included in the I-485 fee, so they should have been sent together. IF not, you need the I-485 receipt notice or number to submit the I-765 afterwards (and still no fee).

BigJoe5......I contacted the USCIS local office today and they said they don't have my file......Do u have any suggestion where it will be or how to go about this. The termination was on July 18th....just to give you a time frame

Last edited by a moderator:
attn BigJoe

Thanks for all your post becauase it has being very helpful than what my Attorney is doing...I have not heard from her since the termination. I contacted the ICE Councel like you said and the local office wrote to me in response to the letter to ICE that they are research shows that the file is in their office and it is being processed.

Now my attorney just sent me an email that she needs to resubmit the whole I-485 packet to Chicago before it comes to the local office...How true is this.. Since the local office told me my file is there and being processed...I believe i got the wrong lawyer....

Thanks for all your post becauase it has being very helpful than what my Attorney is doing...I have not heard from her since the termination. I contacted the ICE Councel like you said and the local office wrote to me in response to the letter to ICE that they are research shows that the file is in their office and it is being processed.

Now my attorney just sent me an email that she needs to resubmit the whole I-485 packet to Chicago before it comes to the local office...How true is this.. Since the local office told me my file is there and being processed...I believe i got the wrong lawyer....

You do realize that ICE and USCIS are completely different DHS agencies, right? ICE being like Police and USCIS more like social workers or counselors?

ICE is law enforcement and USCIS is "benefits adjudication". Benefits includes greencards, EADs, and naturalization.

ICE may be in the process of sending your file to USCIS. At least, that's what it sounds like.

You lawyer may be talking about the Chicago lockbox where most AOS cases are filed. This seems strange because you said that the I-485 was already filed in Texas SC. Do you have a receipt? Do you know exactly which forms were actually filed with TSC?

Yes am aware of the difference between ICE and USCIS. But like you told me to contact the ICE to find out the where about of my file after the local office said they didn't have. I did so and I guess they intend copied the local office here. So the letter they sent was in reference to the one I sent to ice. Saying they have my file.

We filed everything in respect to the I-485 with the TSC and even before the ICE attorney agreed to the termination he requested for my medicals and a new I-864 with tax returns and my wife's paystubs which we sent.

And yes I have a receipt number which is tracable by USCIS customer service.....I really don't understand what she is saying..I have even submitted an I-765 with a copy of the receipt of the I-485 and they have received it and notify me with a number.

Yes am aware of the difference between ICE and USCIS. But like you told me to contact the ICE to find out the where about of my file after the local office said they didn't have. I did so and I guess they intend copied the local office here. So the letter they sent was in reference to the one I sent to ice. Saying they have my file.

We filed everything in respect to the I-485 with the TSC and even before the ICE attorney agreed to the termination he requested for my medicals and a new I-864 with tax returns and my wife's paystubs which we sent.

And yes I have a receipt number which is tracable by USCIS customer service.....I really don't understand what she is saying..I have even submitted an I-765 with a copy of the receipt of the I-485 and they have received it and notify me with a number.

See: http://www.justice.gov/eoir/eoirforms/instru44.htm

It is very difficult to understand someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. It sounds like your lawyer is one of those people.

Have you checked the status of your I-765 lately? Did you get your EAD already?

Yes..the I-765 is in Intial Review...You are right guess my lawyer does not know what she is talking about....cos i have had my biometrics done when we filed with TSC. So i have emailed her asking her if there will be a new receipt number and biometrics after she sends this.....Is it advisable to make an infopass and go enquire in person?

Yes..the I-765 is in Intial Review...You are right guess my lawyer does not know what she is talking about....cos i have had my biometrics done when we filed with TSC. So i have emailed her asking her if there will be a new receipt number and biometrics after she sends this.....Is it advisable to make an infopass and go enquire in person?

Why? What could be accomplished? IF you have nothing better to do, go ahead, it won't mean anything.

"I have my removal proceedings terminated by an IJ. I have an approved I-130 and also filed I-485 with the Texas Service Centre before the termination of proceedings....what is the next step.

Hi, I am in the exact same situation as you... Any experiences that you may share with me, will help me a lot, I don't have idea what are the next steps I need to follow and I just fired my lawyer... It has been 2 weeks since my removal proceedings were terminated