Can someone illegal board a plane to travel WITHIN the USA?

zonryza

Registered Users (C)
Can someone who has a valid driver's license (but illegal nonetheless) board a plane and travel within the 48 states? Are there any dangers?

I heard that any airport in the USA has Homeland Security Agents on duty and they have the right to scrutinize anyone on their property. Is this true?

Thanks for your input!

Can someone who has a valid driver's license (but illegal nonetheless) board a plane and travel within the 48 states? Are there any dangers?

I heard that any airport in the USA has Homeland Security Agents on duty and they have the right to scrutinize anyone on their property. Is this true?

Thanks for your input!

He can, as long as he has an ID acceptable by TSA.

There are RARELY random immigration checks. I have never come across one, but some on this forum have. The chances are very low of this, so travel within the 50 states is fine with a DL.

Thanks for your input. Let me ask you this? What if someone illegal tries to fly within the USA with a Mexican passport? NO driver's license or Gov't issued ID.

Hmm, no idea. I DOUBT the TSA or the airline employee will check for a visa, though. You might not have your GC on you, right? So, how would they know you're not a permanent resident or a dual citizen? Maybe you don't drive?

My husband and I traveled to Colorado from Miami in February. He traveled w his Bolivian passport and had no problem. He's under removal proceedings and no legal status. Actually he has an I94 ICE gave him when the released him from detention.

Technically an alien is supposed to carry their I94 or GC on their person at all times. Nobody does this (for good reasons), although carrying a copy if you have a valid one is a usually a very good idea.

That said as others here have noted it's not the TSA officer's job, jurisdiction, or mandate. The TSA officer's only role is to screen for security risks. If you don't present a security risk to the TSA officer you shouldn't have an issue. If you don't get detained for being suspicious for some other reason or have an active warrant, immigration should not be an issue on a domestic flight any more than it would be in any other domestic travel situation.

Thanks for your input. Let me ask you this? What if someone illegal tries to fly within the USA with a Mexican passport? NO driver's license or Gov't issued ID.

As someone already mentioned, it is not the TSA's job to ask you about your immigration status. They are only there to check that the name on your ID matches the name on your ticket. I live illegally in the country and I have flown around the country with my Colombian passport, which has no visas in it, from JFK to LAX and from Newark to Miami and back and never had any problems. All the agents ever do is check your photo and name against the ticket and make sure you're you.

Can I fly from lax to Miami with only my Mexican passport and boarding pass? Do I need any other type of picture i.d?

Im going to new york this summer with my sister who is 18 years old and i am 15 years old this is our first time on an airplane i want to know what kind of documents we need to get on the plane? All i have is a mexican passport my sister applied for the dream act so she already has her workers permit what do we need?

Either a passport or a state driver's license or state ID will do. Technically children under 18 do not need an ID, but since you are close to 18, it might be a good idea to have it anyway.