naturalization after 2 years of marriage to US citizen, green card was obtained from employment

esterag

i have received my green card through employment 3 years ago while i was single. happened to marry us citizen after getting my green card to whom i have been married now for 2 years. when can i apply for citizenship? do i count 3 years from the time i got green card or from the time i got married?

thanks.

3 years of marriage with the US citizen. Others might comment if OP is allowed to apply 90 days before meeting the 3 year anniversary.

3 years of marriage with the US citizen. Others might comment if OP is allowed to apply 90 days before meeting the 3 year anniversary.

The 90 days rule applies only to the continuous residency requirement. All other naturalization requirements (including, for marriage based cases, the requirement to have been married to a U.S. citizen spouse for 3 full calendar years) must be satisfied at the time of filing N-400.

So the OP needs until 3 full calendar years have passed since the marriage anniversary before submitting N-400.

do i count 3 years from the time i got green card or from the time i got married?

Both. You need 3 years of marriage to a US citizen AND at least 3 years with a green card (minus 90 days for the green card anniversary, but not for the marriage anniversary).