221 g yellow slip administrative process in chennai consulate

sainath123

Hello All,

Please read my case and suggest your opinions about this.
I am working in a university Hospital as research co-coordinator. My H1 extension has approved, I came to India for stamping. My visa has expired last year.

Interview in Chennai consulate details;
VO; what r u doing in university Hospital?
me; Clinical research coordinator explained job responsibilities.
VO; What research
Me; Explained everything, but it all includes medical terminology i don't think she understood my explanation.
VO; Asked to show the application applied by Hospital checked all documents.
Vo; why didn't you get stamp for previous H1?
Me; I didn't get a chance to come.
VO; Do they have funds for your Job?
Me; Yes, I tried to show the U -hospital taxes and client letter but immediately she asked.
VO; Do you have your resume?
Me; Yes
Vo; Please submit your resume in another counter and gave the pink slip to check the status and has been told needs administrative process?
VO; took the passport and told to go to other counter.
There they collected my resume and been told to wait for 4 to 8 weeks and check the online status for the status.

questions
1. Anybdy can answer how many days they will take to reply?
2. what could be the reason they kept pending process?
3. Is there any chance of denying my application/
4. I have to come back and join the job in 3 weeks.
5. I have everything and i am working for IVY league university hospital. I don't have any employer issues as software consultants.
6. I am in confusion status whether to inform my employer or not about this ?

I will be waiting for your suggestions please reply me as soon as possible to take decisions.

Thanks,
SAI

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sainath,
I interviewed at the Mumbai Consulate in May (for immigrant visa). Just to give you an idea of how long, it has been over 60 days and I'm still waiting.
I will pray that you get your visa approved soon!

A1: It can take a few weeks. It may also take a few months.
A2: Background check that needs to be completed by various federal agencies in the US
A3: Yes, there is always a chance
A4: Hopefully it will take less than 3 weeks. If not, hopefully your employer will show compassion.
A5: Irrelevant. The need for your background check is independent of the fact that you are employed by an IVY league university hopsital.
A6: I would advise you to inform them since there is a chance you may not be able to join them in 3 weeks time.

1. Anybdy can answer how many days they will take to reply?
2. what could be the reason they kept pending process?
3. Is there any chance of denying my application/
4. I have to come back and join the job in 3 weeks.
5. I have everything and i am working for IVY league university hospital. I don't have any employer issues as software consultants.
6. I am in confusion status whether to inform my employer or not about this ?