Can a someone with a criminal record file for green card for spouse

scameron9599

Hi,

i need some advice.

i am trying to figure out if my boyfriend can marry me and file for my greencard. He has a criminal record. he was convicted for facilitating a murder and was locked up for 6 years. with this history can he help me?

please respond.

thanks,
Shelly

Hi,

i need some advice.

i am trying to figure out if my boyfriend can marry me and file for my greencard. He has a criminal record. he was convicted for facilitating a murder and was locked up for 6 years. with this history can he help me?

please respond.

thanks,
Shelly

If he is USC, he can file an I-130 for a spouse. Are you in the U.S. legally or outside the U.S.?

He can file for you, but be prepared for a hellacious interview, especially if he got out of prison recently. The interviewer will wonder why in the hell an educated professional like you would want to marry somebody who assisted in a murder, and will be suspicious that you're marrying just to get a green card.

He can file for you, but be prepared for a hellacious interview, especially if he got out of prison recently. The interviewer will wonder why in the hell an educated professional like you would want to marry somebody who assisted in a murder, and will be suspicious that you're marrying just to get a green card.

Thank you. you are right that what i was wondering. cause i hold degrees and years of professional work experience. now i am wondering what the hell i was thinking.

Thanks again!