• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012: Grounds for Visa Refusal/denial

win dv

Registered Users (C)
Please find following a listing of things that will result in DV refusal/denial for the principal applicant/derivatives:

-Failure to include spouse and children on E-DV online application
-Ineligible country
-fraudulent documentation
-Criminal Record
-Contagious diseases (e.g. TB)
-Fictitious Marriage (also known as Green Card marriage
-lacks minimum education (High School Diploma) or qualifying work experience (refer to Labor O*Net Online Database)
-No Sponsor in the USA/Affidavit of Support (if applicable)
-Not enough proof of funds (see poverty guideline)
-If you have an ugly face (mentioned on another forum)

Feel free to add to the list if necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i know it's an official info, but i don't think that "poor health" can be a cause of itself. for example, heart condition is a poor health, it doesn't mean that the person will not get a visa. yet, TB is definitely a cause to deny application. what other diseases can be a cause? i don't think that HIV/AIDS is in that category, although might be. anything else that can be included there? it probably includes things that are highly contagious, again, like TB.

add to the list "fictitious marriage"

well, i know it's an official info, but i don't think that "poor health" can be a cause of itself. for example, heart condition is a poor health, it doesn't mean that the person will not get a visa. yet, TB is definitely a cause to deny application. what other diseases can be a cause? i don't think that HIV/AIDS is in that category, although might be. anything else that can be included there? it probably includes things that are highly contagious, again, like TB.

add to the list "fictitious marriage"
Thanks for your input...will change to contagious disease. Does the applicant reviews the medical report or only the IO?

Last edited by a moderator:
uuuuhhhhh, you got me there. what's an IO?
yes, please. change that. it makes more sense at least to me. (my dad had a heart attack right before his medicals and interview. poor health as you defined it. he still got his visa.)

uuuuhhhhh, you got me there. what's an IO?
yes, please. change that. it makes more sense at least to me. (my dad had a heart attack right before his medicals and interview. poor health as you defined it. he still got his visa.)
Immigration Officer.

if you are asking if the applicant can review his/her own medical then the answer is yes. he or she can request a copy of it for personal files before it is sealed for the IO. At least it is that way if you are doing AOS.

if you are asking if the applicant can review his/her own medical then the answer is yes. he or she can request a copy of it for personal files before it is sealed for the IO. At least it is that way if you are doing AOS.
Noted with thanks.

Please find following a listing of things that will result in DV refusal/denial for the principal applicant/derivatives:

-Failure to include spouse and children on E-DV online application
-Ineligible country
-fraudulent documentation
-Criminal Record
-Contagious diseases (e.g. TB)
-Fictitious Marriage (also known as Green Card marriage
-lacks minimum education or work experience

Feel free to add to the list if necessary.

Hi,

A question on Ineligible country.

Here's my situation:

I had put in my citizenship the country which I am holding my current passport as my native country in the application last year as well as on form DSP 122. I was born in another country and both countries are eligible for DV quota and I found about the Foreign State Chargeability country criteria only after I had sent in the forms.

Therefore, I had called KCC and after explaining my situation and according to the information they have they told me that as long as I am neutralized in the country of citizenship, the application is still valid. I highlighted to them that in th DV instructions, Foreign State Chargeability country should be the country where I was born. Then they said I should contact the US Embassy.

After contacting the US Embassy and explaining to them the same situation, they told me to wait for KCC letter but did not confirm if my application is still valid.

Now the question is, will KCC grant me an interview? Therefore, should I proceed to gather necessary documents e.g police certificates etc?

Thanks ALL!

^^
As far as I remember the question in the application asked: COUNTRY WHERE YOU WERE BORN. Are you telling me you lied and put a different county?

^^
As far as I remember the question in the application asked: COUNTRY WHERE YOU WERE BORN. Are you telling me you lied and put a different county?

There are two questions:
COUNTRY WHERE YOU WERE BORN : I had put in the country where I was born. ( Didn't lie. How could I since it's what it says in my current passport? )
COUNTRY OF ELIGIBILITY OR CHARGEABILITY FOR THE DV PROGRAM: This I had put as my current nationality. Not the same country as where I was born.

-lacks minimum education or work experience

Maybe elaborate a bit on the work experience. The way they word it is "qualifying work experience". It's not enough to have two years of any old work experience in the past five years but it has to be specific occupations that meet their specifications for training or experience.

On another forum, an applicant from 2011 was rejected because his occupation was less than Job Zone 4, and had an SVP rating of less than 7, even though most people would consider it a very good, skilled occupation. That would be pretty crushing to get to the interview, after having paid your fee and gone through all the other hassles to find out that because you didn't check that Labor O*Net Online Database, your application is rejected.

Maybe elaborate a bit on the work experience. The way they word it is "qualifying work experience". It's not enough to have two years of any old work experience in the past five years but it has to be specific occupations that meet their specifications for training or experience.

On another forum, an applicant from 2011 was rejected because his occupation was less than Job Zone 4, and had an SVP rating of less than 7, even though most people would consider it a very good, skilled occupation. That would be pretty crushing to get to the interview, after having paid your fee and gone through all the other hassles to find out that because you didn't check that Labor O*Net Online Database, your application is rejected.

Hi,

Congratulations for being selected for DV 2012.
Would you care to share your experience at the interview and the steps before that?

Thanks.

The eligibility not only by country of birth. you can claim your spouse's country as eligibility if your country is not eligible for example. There are rules that are stated on their website as in what cases you can claim other country as your eligibility country.

HIV is no longer on the list....but you have to keep in mind if a person has a disease and hardly any funding they will be denied since they won't be able to pay for health care.

well, there is such a thing as public health insurance. for free. in some states. lol
any way, it depends on what kind of disease it is. They are highly afraid of contagious diseases such as TB etc. so that is why it is on the list for 100% (or even a concern that one might have it.) the rest, i'm not so sure, and i know that HIV/AIDS was or should have been removed from that list. People live long lives with it without being sick or being a danger to others so that should not be an issue.

Oh oh, i think deportation in the past will prevent one from getting a visa. they are banded from entering the country even if they marry a US citizen. so maybe add that too to the list.

Vichel, corrections made. Thanks for your input.