• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Australia Winners - Post Here

Hi guys,
Last year I joined this forum prior to the results of DV-2011 being released and tried to be a source of info for other fellow applicants. When I got that message to say I was not successful I shied away from the forum...
But...today is one fabulous day...
I HAVE BEEN SELECTED!!!!!!!
Oh the joy!!
Good luck to all my other fellow Australians...I hope to hear more good news as the days go on!
And also a big hello to everyone I was conversing with last year! (Well done TamaraM! So happy for you)

Leah xo

Hey guys good work in here.I stumbled on this site out of anxiety before the Ist of May and I really like what I am getting.

"Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.
Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below"

Pls does this statement mean I can still be selected?
Cos It seems all my guys also got the message and one of them said it is a batch by batch thingy
My Brethren pls help trash the issue....I believe in you guys

does this statement mean I can still be selected?
Theoretically, anything is still possible but the likelihood that it will happen is very small.

and one of them said it is a batch by batch thingy
What source did they get this info from? I think it is based on the way the website was updated in previous years (many people received letters while the web said they were not selected. Sometimes it took weeks for the web to be updated). From this year there are no letters being sent so all there is is the online option, so I assume they would ensure it is 100%. For your sake, I hope I'm wrong.

Hi everyone, I'm from Perth and my application was not selected but my husband's was! :D Seventh time for us ... finally!

The number's pretty high though so we don't want to get too excited. The initial euphoria has already worn off and we're now both stressed out and worried about what this all means. Hopefully that feeling will mellow out soon because my stomach is in knots and I couldn't sleep last night. I'm at work now but can't concentrate on work. :eek: Good luck to everyone else and hope to be hearing more stories of lucky people who got selected.

I'll have to figure out how to put that stuff at the end of messages that everyone else has. But in the meantime:

2012OC000008**

Hi Vichel!

Congrats! Seventh time? Seven is a lucky number as they say ;-) When did You and Your husband entered lottery?

Hi Vichel!

Congrats! Seventh time? Seven is a lucky number as they say ;-) When did You and Your husband entered lottery?

Hi Ewe,

Thanks, yes 7 must be a lucky number. I've always thought so. I entered my application on October 19 and I did one for hubby on October 24.

Hey guys good work in here.I stumbled on this site out of anxiety before the Ist of May and I really like what I am getting.

"Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.
Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below"

Pls does this statement mean I can still be selected?
Cos It seems all my guys also got the message and one of them said it is a batch by batch thingy
My Brethren pls help trash the issue....I believe in you guys

Congratulations Vichel to both you and your husband!

I am also from Perth and was selected this year! :)

Firstly, don't be too concerned about your case number which I see is in the 800's. The Oceana region is generally allocated at least 1200 visas per fiscal year and DV-2011 was no exception - Case numbers up to 1300 are now current so I don't see why DV-2012 should be any different. So again, get ready and congratulations!!

I agree with you, I am at work (and was yesterday when I found out I was selected) and have not been able to focus since!

On a final note, if you would like to add a timeline of your application and approval process as others have on the forum you simply need to add a signature to your account. Up the top of the screen when you are logged in just go to "SETTINGS". Then on the left of the page under "My settings" - "My profile" select "EDIT SIGNATURE" and then you're done!

Best of luck with everything and shoot me a message if you need any advice on anything. I'm fairly well versed in this whole process!

Leah xo

Thanks Leah! Glad to have you around.

I went to the website and have printed off everything - OMG! there's dozens and dozens of pages! But I gather that all we have to do at this point is get two of those photos of ourselves, fill in the two forms (hubby does Part I and II, and I do only Part II), and mail photos, forms and barcode page off to Kentucky asap. Does it sound like I'm on the right track?

I'll gather up as much as I can of everything else in the meantime. Thanks for the signature tip. I hope it looks okay.

I hope others come on board and we can all help each other through this. Older threads of 2011 winner info is helpful too. I've been going through those. I don't want to stuff this up by not doing something exactly right.

Congrats to you too! And good luck!

Vichel

Thanks Vichel! And your signature looks great :)

The reason I know all the information that I do is that I am an avid researcher by nature but also when I applied for DV-2011, I was so ridiculously organised and so meticulous with my gathering of information, including being constantly on this forum. Then I was unsuccessful! At least this year I will get to put it into practice.

To be completely honest I have not yet printed out all the forms from the selectee site (I have pre-filled copies though from last year). My photos are ready but I'm waiting until tomorrow (Monday USA time) until they update the site. At the moment, if you look at the first page, it is still addressed to 2011 selectees. I'm holding off to see if anything changes for DV-2012. It is unlikely but that's just what I've chosen to do. Definitely get your photos organised and read the forms to make sure you have all the information you need available to you for when you fill them out.

I would also recommend you start gathering the paperwork you'll need in the coming months (no rush of course) - original birth certificates, passports, proof of education or proof of work experience, immunisation records (if you have them, but no problem if you don't) etc. You will need all of these as the months go on. Also, be aware that you will need a USA address to have your final documents sent to, so it's definitely something to think about if you don't know anyone who resides in the US.

:)

Leah l jus wantd to know if there are any documents to be sent with the ds 230 and dsp 122 forms other than the barcode and 2 pass Port photos.Plse help..

Hi Maju & congratulations!

At this stage you are completely right. All you need to submit is the DSP-122, DSP-230 pt 1 & 2 (don't sign Part II-Sworn statement but do sign Part I) and 2 passport photos (ensure these meet the USA passport photo requirements. They also need to be different photos to the ones you submitted with your original entry (all photos submitted should be less than 6 months old).

Print up an address label and send it off.

As I said above however, I am holding out until tomorrow to see if they update the site to DV-2012 as it is still at 2011.

...At the moment, if you look at the first page, it is still addressed to 2011 selectees. I'm holding off to see if anything changes for DV-2012. It is unlikely but that's just what I've chosen to do ...

Great pick-up on that, Leah! I'll wait too. Going to get our piccies now.

Thanks Leah.lm just trying to understand these instructions slowly by slowly...l will be sending my documents after 2 weeks coz lm so busy and l have somestuff to sort before l send the documents.l hope it wont be late and affect the process...Thanks again..:)

Two weeks is most definitely soon enough Maju, don't worry. You have ample time to submit the paperwork, just sooner is better! Two weeks is a fast submission.