N-400 denied after interview

amaga

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I've a following problem. my N-400 was denied during: did not reside in State at least 90 days ( I've changed addresses and was ~ 75-80 days resided in States when application was submitted ).

I've received a official decision Form N-335.

Would someone help me with next steps? They ask i want request for Hearing on Decision in Naturalization Proceedings Section 336 of the Act, together with a fee of $650.

Would that help me ? or Can I resubmit my N-400 application again because now I am more than 90 days reside in State.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I've a following problem. my N-400 was denied during: did not reside in State at least 90 days ( I've changed addresses and was ~ 75-80 days resided in States when application was submitted ).

I've received a official decision Form N-335.

Would someone help me with next steps? They ask i want request for Hearing on Decision in Naturalization Proceedings Section 336 of the Act, together with a fee of $650.

Would that help me ? or Can I resubmit my N-400 application again because now I am more than 90 days reside in State.

Thanks in advance.

Was the denial letter (N-335) handed in to you at the interview? Or did you receive it by mail?

In terms of what to do next, I suggest that you simply re-file a new N-400 now. By now you must have satisfied the 3 months state/district residency requirement, so there would be no problem in this regard with a new N-400. An appeal of the denial is more expensive, more lengthy and less certain in terms of the outcome than filing a new N-400.

Was the denial letter (N-335) handed in to you at the interview? Or did you receive it by mail?

Thanks for so quick reply.
yes, I received it by mail today and thinking what to do.. Is it legal to resubmit now (I am 5 months now in State) ?

Do you know if I need to pass civic test again ? or just fingerprint...

Thanks for so quick reply.
yes, I received it by mail today and thinking what to do.. Is it legal to resubmit now (I am 5 months now in State) ?

Do you know if I need to pass civic test again ? or just fingerprint...

Yes, it is perfectly OK for you to resubmit a new N-400 now. If you do that, you'll have to do everything from scratch - pay the application fee, do the fingerprinting, have another interview, pass English/civics, etc.

Before you reapply, make sure you read the guide and that you meet all the eligibility requirements.

M-476.pdf

Thanks, here from M-476.df
22. Can I reapply for naturalization if USCIS denies my application?
If your application is denied, the denial letter should indicate the date you may reapply for citizenship.

As I said in first post, I received "Form N-335" and I don't see the date I may reapply.. just explanation why was declined and N-336 form if want.

Since there is no date restriction on rejection letter on when you can reapply, you can apply immediately as long as you meet all the requirements (physical presence, continuous residency, good moral character, etc..)