No Decision made afterAdjustment Status Interview. HELP!

Lucho

Registered Users (C)
I am an F-1 adjusting status, had my interview in December 15 and no decision was made. We were not separated, things didnt go well but not too bad either. She asked for my wife's driver license which she didn't have on her, she also wanted to see bank statements and we only brought a verification letter from the bank. We brought 2010 tax return and letter from my broker account where she is listed as my beneficiary. Officer was not friendly at all and was very sarcastic when my wife(US citizen) chose to speak her native language. Its been a month and I dont know what is going on. Online nothing has been updated.Officer kept my I-94 and gave me back SSN an EAD.

Why is my case going this path? I thought I was getting a decision on the spot. What can I expect? How long am I gonna have to wait?

Your wife spoke to the USCIS officer in her native language?
Give it 90 days and then make an infopass appointment.

Officer was not friendly at all and was very sarcastic when my wife(US citizen) chose to speak her native language. How long am I gonna have to wait?

Your wife spoke to the USCIS officer in her native language?
Give it 90 days and then make an infopass appointment.

No, she had an interpreter, thats why she was sarcastic because she said "oh arent u a citizen then"? I forgot she said we would get news on the mail in about 30 days if I recalled well.
Is it a waste of time making an infopass appoinment before 90 days?
Very bad attitude.

Hi,

I am planning to join new company B while not resigning from old company A (reason is not sure how new job will go also money is pending from A). Please let me know if i can work for new company like that for one month or so then resign from old company.

I have approved H1B from Old company and New company is going to file H1B in normal mode but i am joining in receipt.

PLease let me know if i can do this.

No, she had an interpreter, thats why she was sarcastic because she said "oh arent u a citizen then"? I forgot she said we would get news on the mail in about 30 days if I recalled well.
Is it a waste of time making an infopass appoinment before 90 days?
Very bad attitude.

You wife is a US citizen, and she chose to speak her native language to an Immigration Officer? Am I am understanding this correctly? You are source of NO DECISION CANNOT BE MADE, you were poorly prepared. You should read the thread on this forum on preparing for your green card interview, you gave the officer no choice but to put you on a fishing rod. You needed to have taken strong evidence of your marriage, bank statement covering a span of time, showing both you and spouse, utilities(water, electric, gas, cable, phone, internet), health, life, home and car insurace. All of these need to show both you and spouse name. It is a rare thing for well-prepared couples to receive a decision cannot be made, most are approved on the spot. The officer has bad attitude because you didn't get your way, an approval. However, you were poorly prepared.

Hi,

I am planning to join new company B while not resigning from old company A (reason is not sure how new job will go also money is pending from A). Please let me know if i can work for new company like that for one month or so then resign from old company.

I have approved H1B from Old company and New company is going to file H1B in normal mode but i am joining in receipt.

PLease let me know if i can do this.

How does that have anything to do with family based green cards? Please start your own thread in the appropriate section of the forum: http://forums.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?186-General-H-1-and-H-3-Visa-and-Related-Issues

This looks like another case of those complacent couples who think "we are a genuine couple, so we don't need to prepare for the interview!"

This looks like another case of those complacent couples who think "we are a genuine couple, so we don't need to prepare for the interview!"

Oh wow thanks for your reply. I didnt come to this board to be scolded. I came here asking for help. so if all u have to say is shoud've s then save your time.

It's not a scolding, it's a warning to other people reading this thread so they can learn from your mistake. It doesn't matter how real your marriage is, it is still important to prepare, in to avoid getting in trouble at the interview.

They might schedule you for a second interview, during which they'll separate you and ask dozens of questions and you need close to 100% of the answers to match. So start gearing up for that from now. Get to know everything inside and out about your spouse and your house.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a scolding, it's a warning to other people reading this thread so they can learn from your mistake. It doesn't matter how real your marriage is, it is still important to prepare, in to avoid getting in trouble at the interview.

They might schedule you for a second interview, during which they'll separate you and ask dozens of questions and you need close to 100% of the answers to match. So start gearing up for that from now. Get to know everything inside and out about your spouse and your house.

Thank you. Do you know how soon they schedule you for a second interview?

Thank you. Do you know how soon they schedule you for a second interview?

How soon is irrelevant, you need to focus on preparing for another round with USCIS should they decide to bake you in a stoke oven. Preparation means collect all relevant information showing cohabitation and joint ownership, especially financial co-mingling tend to be a deciding factor. To be scolded on this board is better than a harsh and defining rebuke from USCIS, denial and your ultimate deportation.

Lucho, pay attention to what these "bad asses" are saying.
These guys know their stuff. They are way better than most lawyers out there. You must be new in this forum...
A little scolding here might safe you from being deep fried by USCIS.

My life would have been much easier today if I had joined this forum before going for my interview.
I did the same mistake you did. I thought that I didn't need to prepare for anything since my marriage is genuine but then...
Come to find out, everyone needs to prepare and prepare well.

Lucho, pay attention to what these "bad asses" are saying.
These guys know their stuff. They are way better than most lawyers out there. You must be new in this forum...
A little scolding here might safe you from being deep fried by USCIS.

My life would have been much easier today if I had joined this forum before going for my interview.
I did the same mistake you did. I thought that I didn't need to prepare for anything since my marriage is genuine but then...
Come to find out, everyone needs to prepare and prepare well.

Thanks Manalive. I know you are an F-1. Did they ask you for school attendance records at the interview? I was asked for it, I only had my I-20s, i considered that odd because they know my attendance, what's the SEVIS for? At some point I thought that lady didnt F... know what she was doing. Unfortunately I was blocked and didnt realized I should have mentioned to check my record on SEVIS. It really sucks going through this process.

Thanks Manalive. I know you are an F-1. Did they ask you for school attendance records at the interview? I was asked for it, I only had my I-20s, i considered that odd because they know my attendance, what's the SEVIS for? At some point I thought that lady didnt F... know what she was doing. Unfortunately I was blocked and didnt realized I should have mentioned to check my record on SEVIS. It really sucks going through this process.

USCIS is slow and disorganized when it comes to information flow. The GC interviewer doesn't necessarily have online access to SEVIS records. They might have to send a request to somebody in the SEVIS department 500 miles away, and then that person prints off the information and mails it back and it arrives some days later. If you provided a recent transcript or tuition receipt or proof of class registration for the current semester, that might have satisfied them as they wouldn't need to check SEVIS unless they thought the document you provided is fake.

USCIS is slow and disorganized when it comes to information flow. The GC interviewer doesn't necessarily have online access to SEVIS records. They might have to send a request to somebody in the SEVIS department 500 miles away, and then that person prints off the information and mails it back and it arrives some days later. If you provided a recent transcript or tuition receipt or proof of class registration for the current semester, that might have satisfied them as they wouldn't need to check SEVIS unless they thought the document you provided is fake.

Oh now I understand why they dont even detect on time when one falls out of status. They only track you months after if ever. How efficient! They are only efficient when it comes to put you stones on the way. Mararriage fraud is supposedly big in this country. My question is how many they catch? with that efficiency Only genuine couples go through hell with these guys. Thats not fair.!

Hello guys, A question for the nice members in this forum.

It's been a month and an half and no update yet. Is it time to make an infopass? or should I wait longer?

Lucho, I know how you are feeling.
Please have patience. It took 4 months for my GC to be delivered. Of course the wait is nerve wrecking.
While you case is pending, there is really not very much you or anyone can do.
Always hope for the best but also prepare for a possible second interview.
Hopefully, your plastic will be in the mail soon.
Good luck...

Oh now I understand why they dont even detect on time when one falls out of status. They only track you months after if ever. How efficient! They are only efficient when it comes to put you stones on the way. Mararriage fraud is supposedly big in this country. My question is how many they catch? with that efficiency Only genuine couples go through hell with these guys. Thats not fair.!

Don't worry about how they detect fraudulent marriages, if yours is fraud, you will know how they use those inefficient system to bust your chops. USCIS places burden on candidates simply to ascertain their "truthiness" because lying usually is a death kiss. Given your attitude on this discussion board, I fear for your future with our immigration system. It will advantageous if you take some time to educate yourself about your own case, because it appears you lack even the fundamental grasp of issues that affect your case.

Don't make an info pass, you just need to find something to occupy yourself. You had a terrible time with USCIS during your first interview, the thought of trying to rush them into making a decision is a bad one especially as they suspect you of fraud. You need to relax and forget about this case. Have you collected the necessary proof to show USCIS that you have a legitimate marriage? When stoke interview is scheduled, if they schedule it, your blood pressure is going to at all time high, because it won't be a pretty sight. You are better off prepared from the get-go now....:(

You are confused about SEVIS. SEVIS belongs to ICE not USCIS. ICE tracks your attendance. USCIS deals with your AOS. Once you file AOS, you could stop attending and ICE would not care because you are USCIS's responsibility at that point. IF USCIS denies your AOS then you would become ICE's concern again.

IF you had remained merely a student and stopped attending and if ICE knew about it, then they would go after you. Read about Tri Valley University from California in this forum and all over the internet. ICE is going after those fake students as well as the fraud school, just like they did in Florida not long ago.

Don't worry about how they detect fraudulent marriages, if yours is fraud, you will know how they use those inefficient system to bust your chops. USCIS places burden on candidates simply to ascertain their "truthiness" because lying usually is a death kiss. Given your attitude on this discussion board, I fear for your future with our immigration system. It will advantageous if you take some time to educate yourself about your own case, because it appears you lack even the fundamental grasp of issues that affect your case.

Don't make an info pass, you just need to find something to occupy yourself. You had a terrible time with USCIS during your first interview, the thought of trying to rush them into making a decision is a bad one especially as they suspect you of fraud. You need to relax and forget about this case. Have you collected the necessary proof to show USCIS that you have a legitimate marriage? When stoke interview is scheduled, if they schedule it, your blood pressure is going to at all time high, because it won't be a pretty sight. You are better off prepared from the get-go now....:(

Give me a break ! you comments are always negative and judgemental. Occupy yourself of other forums.