Granted Withholding of Removal, Denied EAD, after 5 years can I still apply for EAD?

ann310

Registered Users (C)
So we applied for EAD as soon as our asylum case went to court. It was denied and so was our asylum case. But we appealed our asylum case and was granted withholding of removal. I, an asylum applicant's child, would like to get EAD so I can work. I am graduating from university soon, and I really need to be able to work. Is it still possible for me to be able to get EAD?

you have to apply u dont get it for free by doing nothing. WOR hardly means anything, it allows u to stay indifintely. nO GC, NO CITIZENSHIP, NO OVERSEAS TRAVEL. try to get parmenent legal status bro! mary a citizen or whatever, but not fake marriege

Yeah, I know it will not get me citizenship. But I just want to be able to work. I don't want to marry anyone because I don't want people saying that I only took advantage of that person. I would rather get it some other way.

Our WOR still stands. So I guess all that is left is for us to file for EAD again, right?

yes EAD, EAD is you have to renew all the time cos thats only your gov legal document cos u cant get GC. sadly some people will ask for GC and those stuff, they treat you low for showing EAD.. u have to start working on getting GC by doing something.

I see. But we have not even gotten our EAD yet. We filed for it but it was denied. The judge denied our asylum case before the 150 days were over. Does this mean we have to reapply? or re open?

Also this may sound stupid, but could you please tell me what a GC is?

yes EAD, EAD is you have to renew all the time cos thats only your gov legal document cos u cant get GC. sadly some people will ask for GC and those stuff, they treat you low for showing EAD.. u have to start working on getting GC by doing something.

It is against the federal law to treat people different because they only have EAD.
If any employer rejects EAD and forces you to show GC, then report this employer right away by calling the department of justice. There is a dedicated line for those kind of issues.

Only Federal, state agencies and companies that have contracts with federal goverment require citizenship or GC.

All other employers can't force people to show GC. EAD should be accepted.

I see. But we have not even gotten our EAD yet. We filed for it but it was denied. The judge denied our asylum case before the 150 days were over. Does this mean we have to reapply? or re open?

Why did they deny your EAD application? Did they tell you the reasons?

If you have a valid withholding of removal status, you should be eligible for EAD.
Infopass appointment is a good start to find out what is going on.

Why did they deny your EAD application? Did they tell you the reasons?

If you have a valid withholding of removal status, you should be eligible for EAD.
Infopass appointment is a good start to find out what is going on.

They said it was because our asylum case has been decided on before the 150 days were over. But when the judge denied our asylum application, we were granted WOR.
What do we do then?

ofcourse it is against law to terat different, but they dont give a *****. ALMOST ALl EMPLOYERS ASK FOR gc OR CITIZENSHIP. law is law but they go their own way sometimes. thats what i mean, but u can get thorugh this

They said it was because our asylum case has been decided on before the 150 days were over. But when the judge denied our asylum application, we were granted WOR.
What do we do then?

Schedule an infopaas appointment and take with you the letter that shows you were granted WOR. Explain your situation to the information officer.

I think they denied your EAD because you did not put the correct category when you applied for EAD.

Do you remember what category you put?

Last edited by a moderator:
ofcourse it is against law to terat different, but they dont give a *****. ALMOST ALl EMPLOYERS ASK FOR gc OR CITIZENSHIP. law is law but they go their own way sometimes. thats what i mean, but u can get thorugh this

You are wrong. They can't go their own way because verifying employment eligibility is the last step of the hiring process and it happens after they decide to hire you. If they change their mind during this step because the applicant has only EAD, then the applicant should call the department of justice right away and trust me they will invetigate and will not ignore you. They are very very very tough on employers who force people to show certain documents. Trust me on this. I know what I am talking about.

You are wrong. They can't go their own way because verifying employment eligibility is the last step of the hiring process and it happens after they decide to hire you. If they change their mind during this step because the applicant has only EAD, then the applicant should call the department of justice right away and trust me they will invetigate and will not ignore you. They are very very very tough on employers who force people to show certain documents. Trust me on this. I know what I am talking about.

I agree...They recently took action against John Jay College in NYC for firing an employee because she couldn't produce a green card eventhough she had an unrestricted social and a valid state ID.

http://www.justice.gov/eoir/efoia/John_Jay_College_Complaint.pdf

ok u r not understanding anything i said. i know asylum law more than anyone.

i am not saying it is right for them or it is within law , i am saying even though it is law, some employers still mistreat asylees for not having GC or passport of US. when did i say it is not against law? r u retard? read first

i am not saying it is right for them or it is within law , i am saying even though it is law, some employers still mistreat asylees for not having GC or passport of US. when did i say it is not against law? r u retard? read first

There is no need for you to use offensive language here. So far, I am using a professional language with you. Don't make me change it little boy.

as the saying goes "he who knows everything knows nothing"

Schedule an infopaas appointment and take with you the letter that shows you were granted WOR. Explain your situation to the information officer.

I think they denied your EAD because you did not put the correct category when you applied for EAD.

Do you remember what category you put?

I honestly do not know. The lawyers did the work and I was only 15 when they did this. I would have to look this up. Thank you so much for all the help. I am glad that we had a better correspondence here. The earlier thread I started some guy was so rude and cruel as to say that we deserved what we got because we were liars when he did not even knew the troubles we went through.

I really appreciate it.

The earlier thread I started some guy was so rude and cruel as to say that we deserved what we got because we were liars when he did not even knew the troubles we went through.

Don't let those uneducated people bring you down. Ignore them and always keep your hope. Never give up.

Anyway, the correct category for your EAD is (a)(10). Re-file form I-765 with a copy of the immigration judge's order. If you don't have a copy of the immigration judge's order, try to go to the court in person and explain your situation to the staff admin people.

Before you send the new I-765 to USCIS, talk to the infopass information officer to get an explanation of why your previous I-765 got denied. The information officers at the infopass have limited access to your record but they might be able to call the service center to get more details for you.

Last edited by a moderator: