Job offers but no EAD yet... brrr.... Expedite process?

CaViCcHi

Registered Users (C)
Yes... here I am... I have a good question I think... about expedition of EAD;
Is it possible to expedite the process of EAD/GC with a job offer? I've received a couple so far... and I can't really turn them down, so I am trying to stall for a while... but even though looks like everybody's getting his EAD notification... I am still stuck at the "soft touch" the day after my FP...

Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met. The criteria are as follows:

• Severe financial loss to company or individual
  • Extreme emergent situation
  • Humanitarian situation
  • Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States
  • Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)
  • USCIS error
  • Compelling interest of USCIS

MAke an appointment with your DO and see what they say. They might give it to you. Who is the employer?

Good luck!!

Yesterday on the phone the company told me that they can pull some strings with the immigration... they deal a lot with them... can that be?

Yesterday on the phone the company told me that they can pull some strings with the immigration... they deal a lot with them... can that be?

They can assist you with filing the paperwork, or use their lawyers to push USCIS to resolve things when there are unusual delays. But they can't "pull strings" to make things go faster than normal. The normal time frame for EAD approval is 2-3 months; you have just barely touched 2 months.

If you have a job offer in writing, make an Infopass appointment and take the job offer and I-485 receipt with you and they might expedite your EAD. But "pull strings" won't work.

However, once 90 days have passed since you applied for the EAD, you gain the right to get it expedited, because there is a mandate written into the law for them to approve it within 90 days (if you are eligible for it, of course). So you should feel safe to give the employer a mid-November start date, given that you applied in early August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thaank you :)

Civichi,

Here is a thought, ask one of those companies to send you a Letter of Intent to offer you the position, which you can take to your local DO, indicate to them that you want to follow all US laws, but you need your EAD to be expedited to be able to accept this employment. Give them a sob story, how you and your spouse might become homeless and eat soup from local homeless shelter if you aren't given the opportunity to contribute to the society by being employed. Just go there and act like a total ignorant nut, but don't insult the IO, just press them on how this job is important to your family and in this tough market, employment will help you a great deal.

I am certain he or she can get the supervisor to put in a service request with NBC and have them expedite the issuance. Unless you ask, you will never know.