Judges in Miami

tessiekenela

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone ever had to deal with judge Charles J Sanders?
Any feedback?

We had Judge Ford and he is absolutely insanely mean. He insulted me at the hearing.

Anyways, thanks!

Has anyone ever had to deal with judge Charles J Sanders?
Any feedback?

We had Judge Ford and he is absolutely insanely mean. He insulted me at the hearing.

Anyways, thanks!

that one is even more obnoxious then ford I believe ( someone I knew had to deal with him about 3 year ago).....judges are hugely biased against immigrants and ilegals...it comes as a shock to someone from say canada or europe but its pure american justice ... rough and insulting .. coz you don't have the money or the "fix" or political influence so they mop the floor with you every chance they got ...they are chosen because they are vulgar and uneducated ...as the worst of the worst ...in their profession ;

Do beneficiaries with an AOS case have the ability to switch judges, if so how would you do that? I'd hate to get a judge who wanted to "throw the book at me" while another couple of judges might give me a fair shake and grant me relief under statutes that I might need and deserve.

Do beneficiaries with an AOS case have the ability to switch judges, if so how would you do that? I'd hate to get a judge who wanted to "throw the book at me" while another couple of judges might give me a fair shake and grant me relief under statutes that I might need and deserve.

Move out to a different state and thus out of the jurisdiction of that immigration court. Judges in New York, San Francisco etc are more understanding about the needs of immigrants then lets say a Judge from Texas or Arizona.

lived in SF already. Some judges here in Miami are nice though, we just happened to have bad luck. lol

well its not like in your case it would really matter since its an AOS but in asylum cases it does matter who your judge is. You can actually look up your judge's track record on syracuse university's immigration data clearinghouse and get the feel.

Move out to a different state and thus out of the jurisdiction of that immigration court. Judges in New York, San Francisco etc are more understanding about the needs of immigrants then lets say a Judge from Texas or Arizona.

What about Chicago based judges. Chicago is a "sanctuary city" and a liberal stronghold, yet that's not quite so true about the surrounding areas so I'm not sure how the judges and adjudicaters are like in Chicago. I'm thinking it's OK but is there any consensus among the immi lawyer community? Illinois itself also has a large number of mexicans and immigrants most especially in Chicago. Not sure how all this adds up.

I don't remember her name but she was just appointed last year. The good thing about her is she was a defense attorney and understands the plight of an immigrant.

praxx, you cannot change Judges! sorry. but you CAN hire an attorney who has conflict of interest w the judge. Then the Judge has the obligation to recuse himself and the clerk of the court will randomly assign another Judge.

praxx, you cannot change Judges! sorry. but you CAN hire an attorney who has conflict of interest w the judge. Then the Judge has the obligation to recuse himself and the clerk of the court will randomly assign another Judge.

Thanks!^^ that's probably what the attorney that I fired did to switch from judge Ford to Sanders...
It makes sense now...she sent a criminal lawyer to our first MH with judge Ford claiming she had an "emergency" and couldn't attend herself...then asked me for an extra 500.00 to submit a motion of venue change to which I declined..then, magically I my next MH is with judge Sanders..she claims she was able to do it w/o a motion..She probably just didn't want to deal with judge Ford herself (I don't blame her even if I despise her)

Oh wow I have no idea how these elaborate techniques work. I guess an experienced lawyer who knows the system like the back of their hand probably would know this methodology.