• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Unpaid Medical bill / Green card

how long ago was this? statutes of limitations may apply if loooong time ago (7-10 yrs)

Felony 'convictions' are the worst to fear. This is nothing even if convicted (which rarely happen)
Did you have a social security number? I bet you did. If so your cr history may be tainted, but that per se do not affect immigration.

Best!

Hello,
It was only a few years ago.
Yes I have a social scurity number but I never had credit history because never had a credit card or anything.
Even if they sued me? it's not considred being charged ?

Hello,
It was only a few years ago.
Yes I have a social scurity number but I never had credit history because never had a credit card or anything.
Even if they sued me? it's not considred being charged ?

If you had a SS# you should have a cr report in your name. Not necessary to have a Cr card for it.
If bills were not paid, that will be in your cr report, possibly.
As I said bad cr report per se do not affect any US visa application.

This place is where those in US can get their free cr report https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp
But you may not be able to use it. call/email those 3 cr bureaus and see how you can get a copy of your cr report file.

Best!

thx a lot fgor your help!
I checked already but I cant get a credit report ....
My bank told me I had none either because I never had a credit card.
Thx anyway:!

Even if you didn't had a credit report...When you move to the US with your greencard...the Hospital might have sold your judgment and a collecting agency might come after you...The longer you wait the higher the amount will be. You can better try to strike a deal and try to get the amount sliced in half....

OK thx a lot!
but being sued by the hospital does not interfer with the GC application?
I'll contact them to see, it's really not a big debt...
Is being sued for a debt considered a charge ? then should I say yes to the question: Have you ever been charged, arrested, convicted of a any offense or crime ?

thx again!