OCI Online Inquiry Status

howdy.amigo

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I just wanted to share my experiance with OCI application process at SFO office with you. Although online inquiry screen shot says 'NOT YET' right in front of "Documents Received at San Francisco" field, I got a call from the SFO yesterday asking me to send my US passport so that they can dispatch my OCI card. They asked me to mention OCI DISPATCH on the address and also my File Number on the covering letter, which they told me and also can be seen on Online Inquiry screen along with our Online regisration number.

It looks like all the statuses are updated correctly starting from "Registration Status" to "Photos/Signature scanned" to "Documents Dispatched to concerned mission," but not the final status which is "Documents Received at San Francisco Office" that shows "NOT YET".

I wanted to bring this to your attention that, although the status says documents are NOT YET received by concerned mission/office, one has to keep an close eye on your application process and contact the embassy if you have neither received a call from embassy nor the status changed in 10 days from the date New Delhi people sent the documents to relevant office.

I wish you all the best and have a nice day.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long before the system says that Houston has received my application. It been over a one and half month and the status is

"Application with this number not yet Acknowledged"

I would definitely send an email/call inquiring about the status of your application, although I am not certain of what's wrong with the Houston office as I have applied at SFO. All the best

Houston - Same Boat

I also applied a month and a half back with Houston and the online status says "File with this number not acknowledged yet". Even tried with Passport and DOB and still the status says the same.

Finally saw something on the enquiry site. Atleast they have now acknowledged that they have received the application.

Registration Status - UnderProcess
Photo/Signature - Scanned

Does that mean that they did not find any fault with the photos and signature and now processing the application?

So it took almost two months to get your application acknowledged?
It's been 5 weeks since I applied to Houston and it hasn't been acknowledged yet.
Sent a couple of emails but no response. I guess I need to just wait for a few more weeks then !!

Does that mean that they did not find any fault with the photos and signature and now processing the application?

I applied at the DC office and I am sure it must be the same for all offices.
The photo scanned stage is just to let us know that the photo was scanned by the US location and uploaded to the application. Now DELHI will review the uploaded photo and make a decision on Accept/Reject. In my case, it was "Scanned" for 5 days and then changed to "Photo/Signature" Rejected:( I then had to submit new set of photos for further processing.

Ideal stage that one should see is "Documents Printed ON" MMM-DD-YYYY. From then on, it is only a matter of dispatching and reaching the destination mission office.

Good luck,
V!

gc4us,
how are you planning on sending new photos? do you know what was the issue with original photos you sent?

I applied at the DC office and I am sure it must be the same for all offices.
The photo scanned stage is just to let us know that the photo was scanned by the US location and uploaded to the application. Now DELHI will review the uploaded photo and make a decision on Accept/Reject. In my case, it was "Scanned" for 5 days and then changed to "Photo/Signature" Rejected:( I then had to submit new set of photos for further processing.

Ideal stage that one should see is "Documents Printed ON" MMM-DD-YYYY. From then on, it is only a matter of dispatching and reaching the destination mission office.

Good luck,
V!

Thanks!!! So and I need to hold my breath for couple more days.

gc4us,
how are you planning on sending new photos? do you know what was the issue with original photos you sent?

usa2010,
I sent an email to the DC OCI email id and someone replied back asking me to bring new photos in person. I took 2 different sets of photos and asked them to pick one. They picked one and in the past 3 days, the status has changed to "Scanned" and now to "Printed". I am hoping the docs will be dispatched to the mission/office in a few days time.

In the original packet, I had sent my family application and the OCI for others went through "Scanned", "Printed", "Dispatched".... in that sequence....

Hope this helps...

I also applied a month and a half back with Houston and the online status says "File with this number not acknowledged yet". Even tried with Passport and DOB and still the status says the same.

U R in for a surprise. You can expect your application back, in about 3 months time asking for some other info. Earlier it was not required to attach cancelled Indian passport copy or Renunciation certificate along with application. That was necessary only at the time of stamping OCI stamp in the U.S passport.. It all depends on the person going thro' your application. Good Luck. If you believe in GOD, pray as many times as possible to let it come through.