• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

Dear Members

I am a Bangladeshi citizen and currently I am living in Bangladesh. I received the USA DV lottery 2011 1st letter on May 18, 2010. But my spouse (including me & my daughter) already got the Canadian Immigration Visa (Under Federal Skilled Worker Category), and planning to land in Toronto, Canada on 30th July, 2010. I am planning to submit DS-230 & DSP-122 to KCC by the end of June, 2010. In this connection i need some clarification of following questions:

1. Is there any legal obligation in this regard?
2. If I land Canada on 30th July 2010 permanently, Can I use the Canadian mailing address (as current mailing address) in form DSP-122 (SL. 3)?
3. Can I mention the name of US Embassy/Consulate of Canada in DSP-122 (SL-4)?
4. If I got the interview letter, can I allow to attend the interview in Canada?
5. Can I fill up DSP-122 Older version OMB APPOVAL NO. 1405-0098, EXPIRATION DATE: 12/31/2006 (12-2003) instead of New version OMB APPROVAL NO. 1405-0098, EXPIRATION DATE: 01/31/2013 (01-2010)? Because the new version is not a computer fill able version.

It will be highly appreciated if someone gives me some suggestion in this regards.

Regards

Nayan

Hi all,

Hope everyone fine here....for everyone's information I can say all that more that 100 people got DV in Chittagong Bangladesh.....Even i know some people whose serial was just 15.

Can Anyone one of you tell me how long does it take to return passport after interview?

I didn't get DV but one of my close relative got dv in 6 thousands 500 range serial...

Nayan,

Congratulations !!! I am not an expert / lawyer but I have gone though lots of forums and here is my answers for your questions:

1) No there is no legal obligation
2) Its better to go Canada first and then send the forms with Canadian mailing address. Because when you submit the forms it takes 1/2 weeks to get the 2nd NL
3) & 4) I will let you know later (you can also search other forums in the same site)
5) You should always use latest form. Never use expired form

Please add your case number (follow my signature) in your signature so that it will help other people also.

Rony,

To answer your question what I would say is, there is not defined rule about how long it will take to get back the passport after successful interview. For some people they may ask for 'Administrative Processing' or 'Security Checking' or 'Name Checking' which might take 1 week to 6 months. But the good thing is DV process is expedited process generally it doesn't take (in worst case) more than 3 months.

Dear Zahidul,
Last year on this forum (DV-2010) had shohana.I think maybe you know her!! Because her thread was very important. I wish we found on this year same as her,who give us important advise. after all your are also useful for us.
anyway! you give me Details about travel agency. I am confused about it.
Thank you

regarding Interview

Zahidal,

Could you please give some ideas what they usually ask in the Interview?

@Kabir: I am not sure what are you meaning by "you give me Details about travel agency. I am confused about it."

@Rony: I don't know anyone who faced interview in the embassy thats why I would like to get this information from you guys.

Request to all: please add your case number (after masking last three number) and status in your signature. You can get help from my signature (the text in green color). To add a signature follow these steps:
- login to this forum
- go to Settings (at the top-right)
- go to Edit Signature

@Zahidal,

Ok we will share...But from ur signature we can see u got second NL...can you tell me what is written in second NL?...Or when is ur interview?

What happens if someone won it ( by checking it online), but not got any letters yet? Can we get a copy of this NL?

Yes Hencer, we can get another copy through e-mail. After checking online, if we win, we need to let KCC know about this circumstance and then they will send you another copy only to the e-mail address which you gave at the time of DV enty.

Dear Zahidul,
I am confused with my Qualification! !!!!!
Because I Passed S.S.C in 1999 and H.S.C was 2003Now My Q.1) How many probability to get a visa for me?
or what is the reasion embasy will refuse to me?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I am confused with my Qualification! !!!!!
Because I Passed S.S.C in 1999 and H.S.C was 2003 (Lot of gap) now i am studying B.S.S under Natinoal University (2nd Semister) and I am Unmarried,age 26yars.
i dont find any reason of disqualification within the information you have given.

@rony1985

In my case I am doing AOS (Adjustment of Status) as I am now living in USA. So my 2nd will not be same as yours. My second letter only contains the confirmation that 'They now know I will do AOS'.

@kabir007

Regarding your qualification I also agree with Suhrid. So don't worry about your qualification. You have the same chance as some other has to get the US visa/GC. You have the same chance as some other has to get rejected. So again don't worry about your embassy experience. No body can tell what will happen in the embassy as it is US embassy and they say 'Each Case Is Individual Case'. My suggestion is before going to embassy prepare everything perfectly and correctly don't manipulate any information or documents.

Good Luck

Dear all,
I have Question!!!
KCC randomly select more than 1,00,00 applicants for further processing,but they will issue visa ony less then 50,000. Here is my Question
*** say! KCC issue 2nd Latter all 1,00,000 But all of the 1st 50,000 winner is 100% Qulified, then what will be happend? And what will be occured of rest 50,000 winner!

thanks

100.000 will get a NL, 50.000 will approximately get a visa.
Reason: the rest of them will fail to get a visa

1. wrong data (about family, education, location, etc.)
2. wrong adress
3. not got enough money to show to the embassy
4. got NL, but then changed mind
5. did not pass the security criteria
6. etc.

So many of them will not get a visa due to the above mentioned reason