biometrics and fingerprinting notice.

iceway

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

Today, my wife and me received biometrics notification:

" To process your application USCIS must capture your biometrics and have your fingerprints cleared by the FBI. The photo taken may be used on your naturalization certificate..."

1. Biometrics and fingerprints are the same??.I know FBI check FP and name check.
2. I thought that the pictures I sent were for the naturalization certificate or the 2 pictures I can bring to the interview. So are they taken pictures in the application support center??.

My wife and me have the appointment the same day and time (about 3 weeks fron now. USCIS Buena Park,CA):
- Can we take with us our child?.
- Could I go before the appoiment to take the FP???. Any advice about what to say??.
- Did you take FP in Buena Park,CA?. some experince there??.

Thanks

Application Sent on 03/26/2010
Received on 03/29/2010
Check Cleared on 04/12/2010
received NOA (receipt) on 4/14/2010
RFE (checked online) sent on 4/20/2010
FP letter received on 4/24/2010

Weird that they mentioned taking photos. If you want to do the FP early, go early in the morning (preferably just when they open) and say you will be traveling around that time and that you called CIS and they suggested going early.

Hi everyone,

" To process your application USCIS must capture your biometrics and have your fingerprints cleared by the FBI. The photo taken may be used on your naturalization certificate..."

1. Biometrics and fingerprints are the same??.I know FBI check FP and name check.
2. I thought that the pictures I sent were for the naturalization certificate or the 2 pictures I can bring to the interview. So are they taken pictures in the application support center??.

My wife and me have the appointment the same day and time (about 3 weeks fron now. USCIS Buena Park,CA):
- Could I go before the appoiment to take the FP???. Any advice about what to say??.

Thanks

Received on 03/29/2010
Biometrics and F are the same. They don't take your picture at ASC for naturalization (unless this DO has a different process).
You can try a walk in if you can't make the original appointment.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Received on 03/29/2010

HI

I think all the biometric notices read the same and on the right top corner it mentioned CODE 3. What does it mean by code 3.
Thank you

Code 3 means code 1 + code 2, which means you get 10 fingerprints, digital picture and provide your signature, all at once. This new rule applies to all N-400 applicants from now on.

Anybody has such experience when doing FP have their pictures taken with digital signatures also for N400?
Thank you