Nepali Asylees ? Participate here if you are from Nepal (This is Country Specific Thread)

nepaliAsylee

Registered Users (C)
Namaste!
If you are from Nepal and have any asylum questions or concerns, please register this website with your email and discuss in this thread. This is country specific Thread-- please participate in this discussion only if you are from Nepal or have nepal- related asylum in US questions or concerns.

I am an asylee from Nepal. My mom filed I-730 (asylee relative petition) for her son, who is my brother, in April of last year. After an inquiry call to the USCIS, I received an email saying that he appears to be inadmissible under the 212 (a) (3) (B) of the INA. Mom was a member of a "peaceful" political group years ago while in Nepal. Could that be the reason why my brother is considered inadmissible? What can be done about it? Is there a time frame as to when the case would be approved or whether it would be approved at all?

Please help. ASAP. Thanks.

Namastey!
I am from Nepal and filed asylum in December .
I have interviewed twice but have not received any decision so far !!
Please let me know if it's normal procedure and does anybody has an idea as how long it gonna take to get decision.
Thanks
Namaste!
If you are from Nepal and have any asylum questions or concerns, please register this website with your email and discuss in this thread. This is country specific Thread-- please participate in this discussion only if you are from Nepal or have nepal- related asylum in US questions or concerns.

I am an asylee from Nepal. My mom filed I-730 (asylee relative petition) for her son, who is my brother, in April of last year. After an inquiry call to the USCIS, I received an email saying that he appears to be inadmissible under the 212 (a) (3) (B) of the INA. Mom was a member of a "peaceful" political group years ago while in Nepal. Could that be the reason why my brother is considered inadmissible? What can be done about it? Is there a time frame as to when the case would be approved or whether it would be approved at all?

Please help. ASAP. Thanks.

Namastey!
Please let me know if it's normal procedure and does anybody has an idea as how long it gonna take to get decision.
Thanks

It looks like NepaliAsylee has left the premises

Namastey!
Thanks

It takes longer if your case is complicated or if your background check is pending.
I was interviewed twice too and it took almost 11 months to receive the final decision.

Hello,

I am a nepali currently in h1b which will expire sioon. Can I file for Asylum? How long does it take to file for asylum?

Hello guys i just mailed my and my wife I-485 to TSC when i came home i found out that in Current USCIS Status of my wife i put asylee since she is derivative asylee ,do you think it makes any difference,i m just worried little bit,thanks all

thanks bro really appreciated i keep posted to u guys what happens next a week past but nothing finger crossed

Asylum

Namaste !!
I am from Nepal, came to USA in student visa on Fall 2006. I graduated on 2008, Got a OPT and now my OPT expired. Now I am in H4 visa (Dependent of my husband H1B). I haven't been to Nepal once I get to USA.
My questions : Can I file Asylum, if yes, what is the chances to approve asylum ?
-If I am not granted (denied) asylum what will be my status ?
-Does it affect to file Green card through my Husband H1B in future ?
- My brother is going to be Citizen next year, He will file Green Card in future for me but it takes a decade to approve, does it affect by applying asylum ?
Please Advice
Thank You

1 year rule to file asylum

does one year rule apply to only unauthorized stay? the time you stayed in the USA on a valid visa don't count. so a student files an asylum after expiring his I20 is okay even it is after 5 years? please read the following:

Source : w*w*w*http://immigration.lawyers.com/Immigration-Basics/Political-Asylum.html

Eligibility for Asylum
In order to get asylum in the United States, you must ask for it at a port of entry (such as an airport or border crossing) or file an application within one year of arriving in the United States. Exceptions to the one-year rule might be if conditions in your home country have changed, or if your personal circumstances have changed and those changes affect your eligibility for asylum. The time you spend in the United States with a valid visa isn't counted as part of the one-year period.

You may not be eligible for asylum if you yourself have participated in persecution of others, or if you've "firmly resettled" in a country other than your home country (for example, by obtaining permanent residency in a country other than your home country or the United States). And fear of poverty or random violence isn't of itself enough to qualify you for asylum.

There is no limit on how many people may be granted political asylum each year in the United States.

Hi, I got a notice for Asylum interview in San Francisco. What documents do I have to take with me ? And how do I prepare for the interview ?

Hi, I am in F1-visa and I came to US nearly 13 months ago. My visa is still valid for 4 more years. I learnt about asylum visa through my friends. Am I still eligible to apply for asylum?

Hi, I am in F1-visa and I came to US nearly 13 months ago. My visa is still valid for 4 more years. I learnt about asylum visa through my friends. Am I still eligible to apply for asylum?
Yes if you have new circumstances changed in your life, situation, or in your country and these new circumstances wasn't there before the end of the one-year deadline.

It has been 7 months since my Asylum got approved. My wife lost her status in 2008 and living in the US illegally.
Is it okay to file her i485 along with mine after 5 months ?
Some say that I need to file i730 (Asylee Relative Petition) before filing for her i485.
Should I file my i485 first and get my green card first and then file her green card ?

Thank you