Applied for citizenship before 1095 physical presence days

CanadianCiti

Hello All

I applied for my canadian citizenship after 3 years of residence. But due to short vacations outside Canada, I did not have 1095 days at the time I applied. By now, I have my 1095 physical residency met. My case has been transferred to a local CIC office.

How can I pro-actively communicate to CIC office to add a note to my application that I have now mwt 1095 days presence requirement ?

Thanks
Chin

I was 200 days short when I applied. But I have now fully met the 1095 physical presence rule. Thanks Triple Citizen !!

I would advise you to wait. If you are given a citizenship test date, you should be good. In the worst case, your case may be handed to a judge for adjudication of whether you qualify for citizenship or not.

I was 200 days short when I applied. But I have now fully met the 1095 physical presence rule. Thanks Triple Citizen !!

Thank you for guidance, Tripe Citizen.

So, would you advise not to pro-actively give a letter to local CIC office that I now met the physical presence requirement ?

If we want to, what's the best way to give this letter ?

Correct.

So, would you advise not to pro-actively give a letter to local CIC office that I now met the physical presence requirement ?

Million dollar question. At any instance in the process, one cannot tell where exactly your file/case is. Could be the central location in Nova Scotia or the local CIC offcie, etc. That is why, even if you send such a letter, it may end up in a waste paper basket. That is why you wait for them to contact you. If they do, they will probably send you an addressed return envelope. I hope this makes sense.

If we want to, what's the best way to give this letter ?