Audio Civics and History test

spartakus

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Does anybody have or know where I can download an audio for the citizenship civics and history test?

Thanks,
Spartkus

Hi Sunny808, the USCIS site has audio for each question. I am not able to find one audio file for the whole civics test.

the individual files is all I could ever find on the website - but as stated above when you go to fingerprinting you get a booklet along with a CD that has all 100 questions (in 99 tracks) to study for the test

The Audio CD provided by USCIS may not be good enough for some people. We better have a CD that recie question in different voices
--male's voice, female'voice, souther accent, British accent, Indian accents etc. and CD better use an ordinary person instead of a professional orator

ITunes

I created a playlist in ITunes of all questions from the audio page. I will burn them to a CD. Thanks all!

The Audio CD provided by USCIS may not be good enough for some people. We better have a CD that recie question in different voices --male's voice, female'voice, souther accent, British accent, Indian accents etc.

Why? The examiner won't give you the questions in a specific accent.

The Audio CD provided by USCIS may not be good enough for some people. We better have a CD that recie question in different voices
--male's voice, female'voice, souther accent, British accent, Indian accents etc. and CD better use an ordinary person instead of a professional orator

I guess this is very useful for older people (age 50-60) and especially from those countries where they haven't studied english as a second language.......such as india. Most of the people from india between 50-60 won't understand the accent easily.........and that's the reason they won't understand the question.........
so it's good idea to have it in diff. accent. .... so they can have practice of listening each question in diff. accents .........

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess this is very useful for older people (age 50-60) and especially from those countries where they haven't studied english as a second language.......such as india. Most of the people from india between 50-60 won't understand the accent easily.........and that's the reason they won't understand the question.........
so it's good idea to have it in diff. accent. .... so they can have practice of listening each question in diff. accents .........

Anything that helps is great for those having difficulties with English but as stated above and before in other posts the IO will not ask questions with a specific accent. My guess would be that the the voice on the CD is closer to the IO's accent/voice than anything else. The entire interview will be in English and is an informal part of the language comprehension test from my experience and what I have read/ heard IOs throw in random questions to test the applicant's English.
Also when the application is reviewed, the applicant has to answer all the yes/no questions again as well as anything else that pops up and the IO normally does not ask the questions just as they are on the application so applicants can't just say yes six times and then no six times.

Anything that helps is great for those having difficulties with English but as stated above and before in other posts the IO will not ask questions with a specific accent..

How do you know for sure? Maybe the IO is a southerner who speak in southern accent.

Anything that helps is great for those having difficulties with English but as stated above and before in other posts the IO will not ask questions with a specific accent. My guess would be that the the voice on the CD is closer to the IO's accent/voice than anything else. The entire interview will be in English and is an informal part of the language comprehension test from my experience and what I have read/ heard IOs throw in random questions to test the applicant's English.
Also when the application is reviewed, the applicant has to answer all the yes/no questions again as well as anything else that pops up and the IO normally does not ask the questions just as they are on the application so applicants can't just say yes six times and then no six times.