Married a US CITIZEN almost 3 years ago, Did not get a greencard. Still Married, I need an Advice

FrankWhite1979

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I have a situation. I married my wife (US Citizen) 2 years 7 months ago. We applied for a adjustment of status I-485 and EAD. At the time, June 2007, Immigration were extremely backlogged and we did not hear from immigration on the matter for almost a year. Supposedly the case was rejected due to incorrect fees. I did not receive any notification from Immigration. My wife and I departed and went our separate ways due to hardship and we lived in different states. We are now reconciling our differences and want to move together as a family. My questions are:

1. Can i still file for Adjustment of status even though we have been apart for more than 2 years, we are still legally married and have good relationship. We want to get back together.

I am more concerned that immigration may look at this as a way for me to get my green card quick since we have not lived together for many years.

At this stage I would consider my immigration status "out of status" but I do not really know my immigration status

Any help is much appreciated

/Thanks
Frank

Hi, I have a situation. I married my wife (US Citizen) 2 years 7 months ago. We applied for a adjustment of status I-485 and EAD. At the time, June 2007, Immigration were extremely backlogged and we did not hear from immigration on the matter for almost a year. Supposedly the case was rejected due to incorrect fees. I did not receive any notification from Immigration. My wife and I departed and went our separate ways due to hardship and we lived in different states. We are now reconciling our differences and want to move together as a family. My questions are:

1. Can i still file for Adjustment of status even though we have been apart for more than 2 years, we are still legally married and have good relationship. We want to get back together.

I am more concerned that immigration may look at this as a way for me to get my green card quick since we have not lived together for many years.

At this stage I would consider my immigration status "out of status" but I do not really know my immigration status

Any help is much appreciated

/Thanks
Frank

You must see good lawyers who deal with family based immigrating cases and provide him/her full details and get legal advice.

I checked the status ONLINE. It is now complicated. She abandoned me and secretly was involved with EX boyfriends while married. Now she wants annulment based on that I was dating someone she knows (after the marriage broke down). Which is true but shouldnt i be able to date whoever / be happy when marriage is broken down? I have the right to be happy regardless of my immigration status - right? I'm human.
This whole immigration thing is too complicated and designed in a way for innocent people to be screwed over:)
It is fustrating..

I have seen several cases like this. My friend (USC) was married to this guy from India, and she used to still have her boyfriends come over and party with them. On one occasion when her husband objected, she and her boyfriend beat him up. The poor guy's green card process was stopped and criminal charges were filed. He was just too happy to go back.
If she is a USC she can make it tough for you - period. Do whatever it takes to get the hell out, and ask for a divorce. If she makes more money than you, then maybe she might be willing to negotiate a settlement.