American wanting to move BACK to Canada

kesh486

Alright so here is my ordeal. I had permanent residence in Canada ( I am American) starting in 2003...I went to school there from 2002-2005, then I went to college till August of 2006...Then I got accepted to a US College and moved back to Texas with family to go to school here. I am wanting to get married to my boyfriend, and move back to Canada( he still lives in Canada he is a citizen)..but I just noticed that my permanent residence was expired in february of 2009. What do I need to do? Will I have any trouble going back across the border by land? Can I go back across, and then renew my p.r? I have went to many sites, and just haven't found what I am looking for. Can I cross, marry him and stay??..And will that help speed up getting my p.r renewed? If anyone has answers please please help ASAP! Thanks..

God Bless

Alright so here is my ordeal. I had permanent residence in Canada ( I am American) starting in 2003...I went to school there from 2002-2005, then I went to college till August of 2006...Then I got accepted to a US College and moved back to Texas with family to go to school here. I am wanting to get married to my boyfriend, and move back to Canada( he still lives in Canada he is a citizen)..but I just noticed that my permanent residence was expired in february of 2009.
----------------------- I think your PR card got expired and not Canada PR status.

What do I need to do?
----------------- you can enter Canada by Car Or your friend can pick up you from US side. if you take Flight to Canada you need valid PR card. FYI if you are American Citizen you can enter Canada.

Will I have any trouble going back across the border by land?
-------------------------- You can rent a Car from US side and can enter Canada or your friend can pick up you from US side. when you are in Canada then apply for PR card.
Can I go back across, and then renew my p.r?
--------------------Yes, you can apply when in Canada and have to Pick up PR card in Canada.
I have went to many sites, and just haven't found what I am looking for. Can I cross, marry him and stay??..And will that help speed up getting my p.r renewed?
----------------------enter Canada and just fill application for PR Card renewal application.
If anyone has answers please please help ASAP! Thanks..

God Bless
-----------------------