Need advice and support after N400 interview

NashWithLove

Registered Users (C)
Hello All
I had naturalization interview yesterday, it went very well except after finishing civic, history and other questions IO ask me about my entry to the US, it was visit visa, IO informed me that I claimed an employment of certain company which was false, I said I am not aware of this because someone helped me to fill up that form (visa form), it is there that it was filled up by someone else and signed by me. So IO said it’s your sign then you’re responsible for this false statement.
IO make me finish all the necessary requirements like making sure my name which will appear on certificate is correct, sign my photo, etc. and gave me Form N-652 check marked on “ You passed the test of English and U.S. history and government” and check marked on “ A decision cannot yet be made about your application. IO said you will receive decision in the mail.
I have been living here for the last 10 years and have green card for the last six years, paid all federal and state taxes, very clean records here and in origin country. Never been in any trouble except two speeding tickets.
Question is: what would I expect from this case? Will they deny my citizenship? If so, what would be consequences after that, what kind of action I will need to take? Should I contact a lawyer now or wait till I get decision on my case.
Please provide info if you know any good lawyer and who is also fair and reasonable on price in northern VA area.
Any advice on this matter is appreciated.
Thanks in advance and hoping for some moral support and advice.

they have your visa application on your file? That is weird. I was told that after assigning A number to the person USCIS statrt collecting documents and place on the file and nothing will be placed on your file before A#. Could you explain more about it. when you applied for visa, How IO found out that it was false statement? what is your GC based on and so forth.

Thanks mh66ii for quick reply,
I was checking in every minute, yes they have my visit visa application in the file. I don't know why they have it. my GC was based on marriage to US citizen, got my GC in 2001. never heard about this before.I traveled couple of times with no issue. I applied visa in 99. person who helped me fill up the application also submitted the application( just to make it clear), I never knew there was something mention about my employment, I didn't check before it was submitted.
stupid me! Please give me some advice. thanks again.

I am sorry to hear that. I think there is no questions in citizenship application about your visa application. Also, was that screened already when you applied the GC? what triggered it?

I dont know what triggered it, never asked about this before, never knew what is written in my visa app form, it was 10 years ago.
Thanks you all for help

they have your visa application on your file? That is weird. I was told that after assigning A number to the person USCIS statrt collecting documents and place on the file and nothing will be placed on your file before A#.
Before assigning A#, USCIS still stores records on you but they use different identifiers like passport number, visa number, I-94, etc. Once you apply for a GC and get an A#, they locate the other files based on those identifiers and add them to your A file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All
I had naturalization interview yesterday, it went very well except after finishing civic, history and other questions IO ask me about my entry to the US, it was visit visa, IO informed me that I claimed an employment of certain company which was false, I said I am not aware of this because someone helped me to fill up that form (visa form), it is there that it was filled up by someone else and signed by me. So IO said it’s your sign then you’re responsible for this false statement.
You really did not review the application before submitting it? You just blindly let somebody else fill out the information without checking it yourself?

yes, sound very stupid, but that was 10 years ago, I was young and very excited, I was very thankful to him that he si helping me.

can you find why they are saying there is false info in your application? can you find out what exactly the false info is? You might find a good reason to defend.

Anyway, if what they found was true, you might need to talk to lawyer at this moment?

best regards

I dont know any complained to what, no idea.
IO opened my 10 years old visa app and asked did you worked for this company(he didnt showed me what was written there), because I didnt worked for them so I said no.

if that is the case, I do not think this is the end of world. wait for the update from them and then decide what to do. BTW, there is still a chance you will be approved.

I can understand how tensed up you are but there is nothing much to do except wait for their decision first. I am suprised the IO went back 10 years to see what you said at that time. They do have our whole history on file for sure but usually they don't go back that far to decide on N-400 petitions. Which DO is that? I am sensing you will be approved soon. In the unfortunate event, consulting a lawyer is the only option left for you. Please keep us posted.

NashWithLove, go get yourself a beer and celebrate the weekend! I know it is hard but hi, regardless how you feel, 24 hours will fly by each day. why not be happy?

Thanks spiderman03, Fiarfax DO, VA

dont worry

i had my interview sep 2, the officer could not make any decision, she told

me that i will recieve a decision wirhin 4 weeks,

i got approval notice and oath letter 5 days after the interview,

i got feeling you will receive an oath letter mid next week

good luck to you

IO ask me about my entry to the US, it was visit visa, IO informed me that I claimed an employment of certain company which was false

How did the IO who interview now know your employment claim 10 years ago was false? I guess it was revealed a long time ago and if it was revealed a long time ago and you still got your GC thenit means it was solved a long time ago and it should not matter now. Usually the IO tried to be conservative
and he had to give a "a decision can not be made" at the interview and let his supervisor make final decision.

So try to think positively. There is nothing you can do.

Thanks John Smith and WBH, yes nothing I can do now, I should have checked what I was signing in first place, I am so worried that couldn't sleep, you know you build your dream and it can be destroy by a peace of paper. I try to enjoy this weekend and think fresh from next week. Thanks again.

Thanks John Smith and WBH, yes nothing I can do now, I should have checked what I was signing in first place, I am so worried that couldn't sleep, you know you build your dream and it can be destroy by a peace of paper. I try to enjoy this weekend and think fresh from next week. Thanks again.

after my interview i was very depressed that i could not eat or sleep,

then i realized that there was nothing i could do, i tried to be positive,

second day afer the interview i went back to work and i tried to be focused,

5 days ago after the interview my wife called me to my work to tell me the most happy news i have ever heard, she told me that i just got the oath letter,

i could not believe her, i had to leave work immediately take a cab
and come back home to see the letter, when i saw the letter i huged my wife
and i almost cried, i was soooooooooooooooooo relieved

iam sure you will get approved , you will have your oath letter soon in the next few days