N-400 need print in capital??

suncat

Registered Users (C)
I just noticed this on the top of N-400 form.

Is this so strict? Then I have to fill my N-400 again. I typed my address and employers name all not in CAPITAL. I have a long list of them.

Any idea? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
When I applied for the n-400 I downloaded it, then typed it in. You don't have an option to type in lowercase. Anyway, it looks cleaner when typed up than hand writing. Well, at least in my case because I don't have the neatest writing! :)

When I applied for the n-400 I downloaded it, then typed it in. You don't have an option to type in lowercase. Anyway, it looks cleaner when typed up than hand writing. Well, at least in my case because I don't have the neatest writing! :)

Thanks for your reply.

I downloaded the newest version. I do can use lowercase.

I don't know how strict they are about upper/lower case typing, but maybe you better just use UPPER case, since it is specified on the form. You know, just in case.

That's reference to the hand writing being legible. They can read any computer print outs.

If the form recommends that you use caps then I would do it. I did mine in caps.
This is a good one. I remember some foreign counry has required a passport application to be typed on a mechanical type writer, not a computer, not handwritings, and they had some steep extra fee for typing. Cool:cool:

I understand the same way.

Anybody have trouble with lower case computer print out?

Lower case is fine when typed on the computer. The upper case instruction, I believe is meant for hand-written entries.

I filled mine in lower-case - with the exception of pg 1. (Lower case lets you type more into a space...)

Lower case is fine when typed on the computer. The upper case instruction, I believe is meant for hand-written entries.

I filled mine in lower-case - with the exception of pg 1. (Lower case lets you type more into a space...)

You are right, I need more spaces somewhere.

It seems you didn't get trouble that returned your application.... I will try some places by using lower case....

Thanks everybody's response.

I doubt the application would be rejected if it is typed on lower case. However, I guess they take the view that Upper case might survive scan and photocopying better. That's just a guess. Lower case can be difficult to read on a bad photocopy or scan.