Please help - Can I get my Biometric done before the scheduled date?

feifeifei

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

I just received my Biometric schedule notice today (09/03/2009), to find out my biometric will be taken on Sep. 25 or 28 respectively for I-485 and I-765. I feel it's kind of late.

A post here caused my attention. Please see as follows:
Hi guys.
First of all i wanted to thank you for the time you take to share your experience with all us.
My timing is as below

08/11/09 sent applications to Chicago through Fedex
08/12/09 application received
08/22/09 received NOA for I130 I785 and I485
08/31/09 received biometrics appointment for 09/23/09
09/01/09 biometrics done (walk in)

when do u think i will receive the EAD and the interview date?
Again you guys are great

Looks like this application can get it done before the appointment date.
Can I do the same? If so, how?

Please help..... thank you all very much...!!

-fei

I feel it's kind of late. - that's a not a valid reason. If you were out of town, that's another case.

Do you mean- can you go to the appointment before the scheduled date?
If so, then it is possible. I have read countless experiences where people have gone to the schedule ASC before their actual date and done walk in biometrics.
You might not be fortunate enough- though the worst that can happen is you turn up and they say no. Just be sure to go at a time when it wont be as busy.

Did they ask you why you wanted to do it earlier? thanks.

I will be out of town next week for 3 months. So I think I have to either fly back on the appointment day or try to go to the local office to see if they let me do it there.

thanks all. Today I have my biometrics/FP done. Yes. Just walk in .

Mapleleaf,

No. They didn't ask any question at all about why I came before the appointment date. I was surprised. They just had my FP scanned and picture taken. Finished.

Good luck

-fei