Asking for a certified court disposition but my records are expunged. PLEASE HELP 30 days left

marc5000

My citizenship in Illinois was not granted due to me not having a CERTIFIED court disposition. I was told to submit it in 45 days. I have a criminal case that was dismissed 10 years ago AND It was expunged. For me to get a certified court disposition from an expunged record, I need to go in front of the judge and request my case be opened again? Will they re-expunge it right away? Maybe the judge can order it without opening my case?Immigration especifically asked for certified court disposition, will a docket not be good enough? Please help I only have 30 days to submit all this. Any help would be appreciated.

My citizenship in Illinois was not granted due to me not having a CERTIFIED court disposition. I was told to submit it in 45 days. I have a criminal case that was dismissed 10 years ago AND It was expunged. For me to get a certified court disposition from an expunged record, I need to go in front of the judge and request my case be opened again? Will they re-expunge it right away? Maybe the judge can order it without opening my case?Immigration especifically asked for certified court disposition, will a docket not be good enough? Please help I only have 30 days to submit all this. Any help would be appreciated.

Contact the court to determine how you can obtain the required document. If you can't get the required document for whatever reason, you'll have to show USCIS just cause as to why you can't (expunged case). Consider contacting an immigration lawyer to draft a letter to show just cause why the requested document cannot be provided.

I had a traffic ticket from 2001 which was not found in regular search in court records or DMV

County court did a name search for me ($15 fee) and within a week gave me a letter stating the ticket info, paid fine, went to traffic school and case closed on a county court letter head.

So ask for a name search request and mention your US applicaiton urgency and they might give you a letter in 2 days instead of 2 weeks. Ask for option to pick it up from the county court instead of mailing so that you can ensure you have it with you in hand asap.

Good luck

What if one really can not get any supporting documents? One has to be punished by his honesty?

If it happned before you got the GC and you disclosed it on I-485, can you
ask USCIS just used the one already in your A- file?

I had a traffic ticket from 2001 which was not found in regular search in court records or DMV

County court did a name search for me ($15 fee) and within a week gave me a letter stating the ticket info, paid fine, went to traffic school and case closed on a county court letter head.

So ask for a name search request and mention your US applicaiton urgency and they might give you a letter in 2 days instead of 2 weeks. Ask for option to pick it up from the county court instead of mailing so that you can ensure you have it with you in hand asap.

Good luck
A traffic ticket is very different from an expunged record. The former can be retrieved, the latter cannot.

You'd have to provide evidence that the record could not be retrieved due to expungement.

Does the IO return the original certified copy after seeing it or he keep it?
If the arrest is within 5 year strautoty period, the applicant may want to
keep the original copy for re-application in case this application is denied.

One should have had foresight to get as many original copies as possible
but by defnition fo foresight, only very few hvae foresight