Can I get arrested if I go to a social security office?

randb

I recently applied for a replacement social security card. I was told that day that my "immigration status is not clearing" and that I would hear back from them in about 4 weeks. Today, I get a call from them TWICE requesting that I come in so they can "verify my documents again". I recently got my H-1b I-94, so I'm pretty sure that I'm not in any trouble.

Is there any possibility that I can get arrested because something somewhere got messed up?

Thanks for your help!

I recently applied for a replacement social security card. I was told that day that my "immigration status is not clearing" and that I would hear back from them in about 4 weeks. Today, I get a call from them TWICE requesting that I come in so they can "verify my documents again". I recently got my H-1b I-94, so I'm pretty sure that I'm not in any trouble.

Is there any possibility that I can get arrested because something somewhere got messed up?

Thanks for your help!
I'd say based on the information you offered, most of us here would know as much as you know. Not enough to even try to make a good guess. You should go and find out either way. Been out of status doesnt/wouldnt help you in any case.