Travelling on a USA Visitors Visa(B2) - Denied Entry at Port of Entry- Please Help!!!

blza

Registered Users (C)
I was issued a usa 2 year multiple entry visa in london. But during my first travel to usa,I have been already admitted but was denied entry and my visa cancelled after my box was searched by an officer, reason is because my documents where found at the bottom of my box which was a complete oversight on my part, and they felt I was coming to stay in usa and not to go back, I was so intimidated that I counld not defend my self .that is never the case because 1. I have a job in the uk. 2.i have a fiancee to go back to 3. I specifically requested for multiple entry as I intend travelling with my fiance and friends to usa later this year. 4. I already have a ticket to travel to my home country for my sisters wedding which I am the maid of honour. I counld not defend my self at all and was put on the next fligh back ot the UK. I was told that I have withdrawm my application. I was not given the I-877 form which is the interview transcript. I have tried so hard to get this as this is requred if I am to re-apply for the visa. But was told by the uscis that it will take about 2 years to send it to me as they have a back log, but was sent a letter with request number on it to confirm that my application has been recieved. What a story!!!.

My fiancee who is a british citizen finds it really difficult to travel as he just cant travel without me.I have booked for an interview for re-application of usa visitors visa with the usa embassy.. I do not have the 1-877 from which they need, and what are the chances of getting this visa back. What are the questions I could expect. And the visa be re-issued.

I assume you are not a British citizen?
You can expect to be questioned about what happened at your last entry attempt.
What documents were found in your bag?

My fiancee who is a british citizen finds it really difficult to travel as he just cant travel without me.I have booked for an interview for re-application of usa visitors visa with the usa embassy.. I do not have the 1-877 from which they need, and what are the chances of getting this visa back. What are the questions I could expect. And the visa be re-issued.

I am thinking personal documents that would show attempt to establish residency in the USA.

i.e.: Birth Certificate, High School diplomas, Bachelor Degrees, Grades, etc?
Documents found in my box were my certificates and cv.
think of it, why would I travel with printed copy of my cv when I can get a copy from my email.
It just was an oversight. Have always had my documents in the box, but forgot to take them out.

That explains it. Unfortunately Nigeria falls into the list of countries whose nationals commit a lot of immigration fraud. Thus USCIS, ICE and State Department deal with such nationalities with a tougher hand than most. Don't take this the wrong way. My country of birth is also on that list.

I am a Nigerian

That explains it. Unfortunately Nigeria falls into the list of countries whose nationals commit a lot of immigration fraud. Thus USCIS, ICE and State Department deal with such nationalities with a tougher hand than most. Don't take this the wrong way. My country of birth is also on that list.

I completely doesn't make sense to me, as that is not the only country I've been to.

The bottom line is, only citizens of a country are guaranteed entry into that country. Your turning up at a US POE with your CV and educational certifcates in your luggage indicated an intent to stay in the US as far as the POE officers were concerned. Even a suspicicion of such intent is enough for them to deny entry. I am not defending them, just trying to explain what happened.

It can happen to anyone. I know of a US citizen who was denied entry to Australia for cracking a joke infront of the officer at Sydney airport.

I completely doesn't make sense to me, as that is not the only country I've been to.

The bottom line is, only citizens of a country are guaranteed entry into that country. Your turning up at a US POE with your CV and educational certifcates in your luggage indicated an intent to stay in the US as far as the POE officers were concerned. Even a suspicicion of such intent is enough for them to deny entry. I am not defending them, just trying to explain what happened.

It can happen to anyone. I know of a US citizen who was denied entry to Australia for cracking a joke infront of the officer at Sydney airport.

I did not blame the officers as they were doing my bag, I just shouldn't hv been that careless, I just don't know the chances of getting back a USA visa. Wat do you think? I just wish it could be overturned as that cancellation has really stained my good trvel history.

POE officer (to the US citizen): Sir, do you have a criminal record?
US citizen (being really silly): No, why? You still need one to enter Australia?

The POE officer denied entry and put the US citizen on the next plane.

Wow, what did he say?

I was issued a usa 2 year multiple entry visa in london. But during my first travel to usa,I have been already admitted but was denied entry and my visa cancelled after my box was searched by an officer, reason is because my documents where found at the bottom of my box which was a complete oversight on my part, and they felt I was coming to stay in usa and not to go back, I was so intimidated that I counld not defend my self .that is never the case because 1. I have a job in the uk. 2.i have a fiancee to go back to 3. I specifically requested for multiple entry as I intend travelling with my fiance and friends to usa later this year. 4. I already have a ticket to travel to my home country for my sisters wedding which I am the maid of honour. I counld not defend my self at all and was put on the next fligh back ot the UK. I was told that I have withdrawm my application. I was not given the I-877 form which is the interview transcript. I have tried so hard to get this as this is requred if I am to re-apply for the visa. But was told by the uscis that it will take about 2 years to send it to me as they have a back log, but was sent a letter with request number on it to confirm that my application has been recieved. What a story!!!.

Hi please can you kindly tell me what the out come was at the end of your interview.
I also had the same problem last 3days nd im still in the shock nd dont kno what to do