Adjustment of status interview ended with " no final decision"!!! Please help neeeded!

BlueSky09

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody, I am new to this forum, so here is a short story about our interview.
We had our interview a couple of days ago, on March 9th. It was at 9 am.
The intrviewer asked us our names and where we live (the address). Then she asked the following questions:
when and how we met? (my husband)
previous marriage and divorce (me)
about our children (if we have together)
kids from previous marriage (me)
then she asked to show her the evidence of our marriage (joint: tax returns, bank account, credit, car insurance, deed, bills, statements, pics etc.)
She took all that stuff with her and my husbands I-94 and said the decision will be mailed to you in 1 month! She didn't ask us any tricky questions or a lot of the questions, it lasted about 15 minutes.
I was so confused, I ask her, was it approved? and she answered you'll get the answer in mail...
:confused: :( :eek:
What does it mean? What me and my hubby should do now? Why didn't she say yes or no? It's so upseting and stressfull not to know(((((

Any suggestions? Any help is REALLY appreciated!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, not a lot of people are told yes or no anymore. All you can do is wait. I had to wait, and was approved.

Do not worry.

Guys, ppplease, any suggestions? any help?

Do not worry, my interview went the same way except i had to send more documents in and was told that a decision would be made and was made after about 3 months.You will get approved there is no reason for you to not be approved.I dont know what some IO look for when cases remain pending after interviews.But do not worry you will get approved.Also at my interview my I 94 Ead and Advanced parole were not taken away.

Thank you guys for the support!
Today we've received this: Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On March 11, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you
So I guess it means our case is not pending and we can expect GC witnin next 30 days or so?:))
A little bit relieved, but will be completly relaxed after holding GC in our hands:)))

Thank you guys for the support!
Today we've received this: Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On March 11, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you
So I guess it means our case is not pending and we can expect GC witnin next 30 days or so?:))
A little bit relieved, but will be completly relaxed after holding GC in our hands:)))

Hi BlueSky09 -- congrats!

We're on the same boat today, I got the same message this morning, dated March 11, 2009 -- yay! Our interview was last month, on Feb 9th, and there was no decision whatsoever. It had been so stressful :(

Funny thing is, I'm feeling the same way -- relieved and yet won't be completely relaxed until I have the thing! :) Totally with you on that one!

We're on the same boat today, I got the same message this morning, dated March 11, 2009 -- yay! Our interview was last month, on Feb 9th, and there was no decision whatsoever. It had been so stressful :(

Funny thing is, I'm feeling the same way -- relieved and yet won't be completely relaxed until I have the thing! :) Totally with you on that one!

Hey Ilovethe80s! from aug filers, right?
I am kinda relieved to read your post. I got my GC, but my daughter hasn't. We had separate interviews, mine was approved, her officer told me that he has to go see my file before he makes a decision on hers. I have been kinda worried, but I feel better. Ours was Feb 12th.:cool:

I am kinda relieved to read your post. I got my GC, but my daughter hasn't. We had separate interviews, mine was approved, her officer told me that he has to go see my file before he makes a decision on hers. I have been kinda worried, but I feel better. Ours was Feb 12th.:cool:

Hi jupiter07, yes I'm from the August filers thread.

The last month has been quite a challenge for me. Our interview was on Feb 9th and I wrote that hubby and I were broken-hearted. And I spent many nights lying awake thinking of all the worst-case scenarios. So I'm extremely relieved today. This forum has been so helpful in just sharing experiences, getting advice/suggestions, etc. Be patient, I'm sure your daughter's will get hers soon. Our interviewing officer didn't give us a lot to hope for, almost dismissive actually. She actually told us that since my I-140 from my former employer was denied, I should've gotten a Notice To Appear letter from the Immigration Court. And I'm sure you know those are the last words you want to hear when you are being interviewed. So she told us that she needs to get those I-140 files from Nebraska and make sure I wasn't sent any notice. Otherwise, the case is out of her hands and should be adjudicated outside the USCIS but by the Immigration Court. Imagine being told that! It scared us to death!

So today is like a new chapter. I'm relieved but will be extra happy when I finally get the card.

I wish you the best. Distract yourself. And as my good friend told me after the interview: whatever happens, just keep swimming......

Hi jupiter07, yes I'm from the August filers thread.

The last month has been quite a challenge for me. Our interview was on Feb 9th and I wrote that hubby and I were broken-hearted. And I spent many nights lying awake thinking of all the worst-case scenarios. So I'm extremely relieved today. This forum has been so helpful in just sharing experiences, getting advice/suggestions, etc. Be patient, I'm sure your daughter's will get hers soon. Our interviewing officer didn't give us a lot to hope for, almost dismissive actually. She actually told us that since my I-140 from my former employer was denied, I should've gotten a Notice To Appear letter from the Immigration Court. And I'm sure you know those are the last words you want to hear when you are being interviewed. So she told us that she needs to get those I-140 files from Nebraska and make sure I wasn't sent any notice. Otherwise, the case is out of her hands and should be adjudicated outside the USCIS but by the Immigration Court. Imagine being told that! It scared us to death!

So today is like a new chapter. I'm relieved but will be extra happy when I finally get the card.

I wish you the best. Distract yourself. And as my good friend told me after the interview: whatever happens, just keep swimming......

I remember your story now.. My case was approved there and then, the officer told me so. My daughter's - he said he has to reconcile her file with mine, which made sense. Now am just wondering what ever happened?:confused: I will try to distract myself...

Hello Friends,

I am stuck in same situation. I got married on Dec 07, outside US in India, then came to US on my H1-B. My marriage was arrange marriage, we talked and known each other for 1 year before getting married, but we were in 2 different states. And I use to fly down every month to meet her.

I had first interview. I think it went well, but USCIS office didn't express anything like it was fine or it was not enough. She was kind of quiet type, she just handed me a letter saying "This case is put in continuation for: further reveiw".

But I do not think we missed anything during interview. She asked for and I produced following docs
- Marriage certificate original and copy
- MY birth certificate original and copy
- My wife citizenship certificate original and copy.
- Joint bank statement
- Photos from wedding (I also gave her other general photos of we being together with our family)
- MY job verification letter.

In addition to that, she went through my I-485 application asking me each information and marking it. I think just make sure under oath that I did not lie anything on my application.

What I am concern about is, whether I will be called for stokes interview or not? I just want this to be over wiht. We married in good faith and living happily together. In face after we got married my wife quit her job and moved to California with me.

Here are few specific questions i have

- Is "further review" normal procedure, or it happens only as setup for Stokes interview?
- Should I have voluntarily provided more evidence like our appt lease, health ins, life ins and all, eventhough she did not ask for it?
- I think I have enough paper evidence to show we married in good faith, cause we did married in good faith and we are living happily together. I just did not volunteered to provide cause did not want to overstep and undermine the officer.

Please let me know what "further reiview" really means?

Do not worry, my interview went the same way except i had to send more documents in and was told that a decision would be made and was made after about 3 months.You will get approved there is no reason for you to not be approved.I dont know what some IO look for when cases remain pending after interviews.But do not worry you will get approved.Also at my interview my I 94 Ead and Advanced parole were not taken away.

Hello all, i am in the same situation, interview feb.24th, no final decision, and she didnt take I94 or anything. No status update online so far or anything, but reading your experiences gives me hope :)

Hi i lovethe80s, thank you and congrats tooo :)
Hopefully we'll all get this "thing" SOOON :cool:
Wish you all the best of luck and will post as soon as we get next message :rolleyes:
Hope you'll post yours too :)

Hi i lovethe80s, thank you and congrats tooo :)
Hopefully we'll all get this "thing" SOOON :cool:
Wish you all the best of luck and will post as soon as we get next message :rolleyes:
Hope you'll post yours too :)

Hi BlueSky09 - have you gotten any other updates since March 11th? I haven't. Hahaha! I can't wait to get my hands on that golden card :)

Hi BlueSky09 - have you gotten any other updates since March 11th? I haven't. Hahaha! I can't wait to get my hands on that golden card :)

Hi, ilovethe80s, NOPE, didn't get any updates :cool:
Let's see what's gonna be next week ;)
Fingers crossed :)
That would be a long journey, finally to get that "golden" card! Now it's much better, I mean waiting for it coming to your mail. it's not the same as waiting and not knowing what's going to be the result!
Let us know about your updates ;)

Hello all, i am in the same situation, interview feb.24th, no final decision, and she didnt take I94 or anything. No status update online so far or anything, but reading your experiences gives me hope :)

Hi cinnamoroll, any updates in your case?
In ours still the same, card production ordered :) waiting ...waiting..and waiting ahhh

Hey BlueSky09, no i haven't had any updates at all, not online nor in the mail, nothing. I think my case is gonna be one of those that takes forever...

At least I received her welcome notice today...:p

congrats jupiter07!

Thanks! Ilovethe80s. You know I called USCIS on monday...they told me there is nothing they can do now for my case is not beyond processing time, they are processing May08. Then sat. I received the Welcome Notice. I don't know if my phone call triggered it...:)