Do I have Alien Registration Number ?

lizbaius

Registered Users (C)
I am married with US citizen, and preparing for the application of GC, in form I-864,G-325a asking about "Alien Registration Number", I dont know if I have one, if so where can I find it?

In form I-485, asking about "A# "from me and my husband, we dont know what kind of numbers they are?

In form G-325a, asking about "file number A" at the first line, do I have it?

In form I-765, asking about my "current immigration status", since my J1 status is expired, what should I fill with?

Thanks all in advance!

I am married with US citizen, and preparing for the application of GC, in form I-864,G-325a asking about "Alien Registration Number", I dont know if I have one, if so where can I find it?

In form I-485, asking about "A# "from me and my husband, we dont know what kind of numbers they are?

In form I-765, asking about my "current immigration status", since my J1 status is expired, what should I fill with?

Thanks all in advance!

It's an alien #, you don't have it, so write none.
Your status is J1.

Thanks all in advance!

If your husband is a naturalized citizen. He should have an alien #. For yourself, since you are just begining to apply for GC, you don't have an alien # yet.

I have same question. What would be my Alien #?

My status is F1. I had OPT EAD card that states A#. Would that be my Alien Number? Its a 9 digit number.

Thanks for your help!

I have same question. What would be my Alien #?

My status is F1. I had OPT EAD card that states A#. Would that be my Alien Number? Its a 9 digit number.

Thanks for your help!

an Alien # is meant to be the A# on a GC only. If you have an A# on your EAD, it doesn't mean you have an A#, but if you were able to obtain a GC, then your A# will be the same as it was shown on your EAD. Correct me if I am wrong.

The A# on an OPT EAD card is no longer valid for AOS. USCIS will give you a new A# as part of AOS. The A# on your AOS EAD card will also be on your green card.

an Alien # is meant to be the A# on a GC only. If you have an A# on your EAD, it doesn't mean you have an A#, but if you were able to obtain a GC, then your A# will be the same as it was shown on your EAD. Correct me if I am wrong.

Your F1 EAD A# is not the same as your GC A#. I thought so too and made my applications with my F1 EAD A#. And I have two EADs based on F1, they had the same A#, so i was 100% confident that was my A#. When my NOAs came, ooops! I have a new A# based on my GC.

The A# on an OPT EAD card is no longer valid for AOS. USCIS will give you a new A# as part of AOS. The A# on your AOS EAD card will also be on your green card.

Hello everyone. I am quoting this message because I am looking for any kind of reassurance or confirmation for it.

I visited a local USCIS office through infopass appointment last week and asked her regarding A#. (my wife has expired employment authorization card).

The USCIS staff asked to show her the A# on it and said we should write "None" wherever asked for A# for her.
What do you think about this?

No wonder my wife had a new A# on her I485 NOA. We put down her OPT EAD A# on all of the GC applications. We then called USCIS and explained there was two numbers and they put in a service request. What I don't understand is that they issue two numbers, because an A# should go to a person, and I suspect they would want to see that persons US history even if the previous benefit was unrelated. I feel it is like a SSN, you only have one for your entire life.