I-864 Question

prq20

Registered Users (C)
I am filing I-864 Affidavit of Support to sponsor my wife and have following questions.

15. Country of Domicile. This question is asking you to indicate the country where you maintain your principal residence and where you plan to reside for the foreseeable future.

Question: I am a US Permanent Resident. Based on the instructions, should I put my country of Domicile as USA or the country of my Citizenship?

21. Your Household Size - DO NOT COUNT ANYONE TWICE
I am Permanent Resident, sponsoring my wife. Thus for "a" I am putting as 1 for my wife and for "b" myself with a household of two for "h".

Question: Should I leave "c" empty, as I have already counted my wife under "a" and myself under "b"?

You will not leave "C" blank. If you are married, you will enter "1".

But if I put 1 for 'C', I will be counting my wife twice as she is intended immigrant.

Are you suggesting to put '1' for '15-A', 1 for '15-B', 1 for '15-C' and 2 for '15-H' on I-864?

Should I put '1' for '15-B'?

Note: My total household is 2 and my wife is intended immigrant.

Which form, I am confused

prq20,

I am looking at I-864 form Part 5, ques # 21. Where is this ques # 15? Are you looking into a different form?

May be someone esle can answer this question for you.

Hi Atlanta Brother,

Sorry, I actually meant 21-*. So the below question would be:

But if I put 1 for 'C', I will be counting my wife twice as she is intended immigrant.

Are you suggesting to put '1' for '21-A', 1 for '21-B', 1 for '21-C' and 2 for '21-H' on I-864?

Should I put '1' for '21-B'?

Note: My total household is 2 and my wife is intended immigrant.

Question: Should I leave "c" empty, as I have already counted my wife under "a" and myself under "b"?

Part c falls under the category "Persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit". So "c" should be blank - yes it says to enter one for the spouse, but that would ONLY be if you were not sponsoring your spouse. Remember, this is all under the category of "Persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit".

21 a - 1 (your spouse)
21 b - 1 (you)
21 c - 0 (do not include your spouse since you ARE sponsoring her)
21 h - 2

Last edited by a moderator: