Adjudication Officer; Personal Interview?

ChuKaChu

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, trying to get some answers to an unexpected letter I got. I have an appointment next month and it states the REASON for APPOINTMENT:
1. Complete Application, Petition or Appeal Process :eek:
2. In regards to your N-400; Presonal Interview.

Ask For: Adjudication Officer

I've never heard about an interview before an official Interview... Does any have any idea what this is? What questions will they be asking?

I hope this is a regular process. But my mind tells me it's uncommon. Why do they want this interview? I'm scared to be rejected.

Did Ya'll Get This Too?????

Did You Get This?

Please let me know whether or not you received this type of interview letter please.

Just a simple Yes or NO will Help to determin the odds of getting this

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, trying to get some answers to an unexpected letter I got. I have an appointment next month and it states the REASON for APPOINTMENT:

I've never heard about an interview before an official Interview... Does any have any idea what this is? What questions will they be asking?

I hope this is a regular process. But my mind tells me it's uncommon. Why do they want this interview? I'm scared to be rejected.

Does the letter have a form number on it? Like G-56?

Yea I got the same thing and it is form G-56?

What is this for?

Is this the regular interview? Should I study the citizenship test question before going?

Because my Main interview is already scheduled in a month n half.

This g-56 is in 2 weeks.

The G-56 is a General Call In Letter that is requesting you to bring additional evidence. My guess is that they first scheduled interview, then an IO pre-screened your application and found some additional evidence is required and sent out the G-56 form.
Talk to an IO by phone or Infopass to confirm if you need to attend both interviews.

Normally they would just ask you to bring them at original interview, but there seems to be a disconnect between the interview date at asylum center and at DO since they are two different locations. Perhaps the pre-screening IO didn't bother seeing if you already an interview setup and scheduled one.

hey i got the same letter, and my appointment is tomorrow. i will let you know my experience.

Hello,

well get ready because that letter means that you going to have your interview. gather all your papers and review the questions. thats what happened to me today. and i passed the interview. Although i forgot my selective service card because i didnt know for sure if it was going to be the interview for citizenship.

well get ready because that letter means that you going to have your interview. gather all your papers and review the questions. thats what happened to me today. and i passed the interview. Although i forgot my selective service card because i didnt know for sure if it was going to be the interview for citizenship.

So they ended up rescheduling your interview by bumping it up 1 month ahead? Wonder how they managed that.

i dont know, but i guess they did some magic trick. because my original appointment was for sept 8th, and they reschedule it for today. i was surprise too. i also forgot to take the selective service card with me. but the good thing is that i passed the interview and im just waiting for the oath. it supposed to take 2months

Well wasn't that what I suggested back in post #5?

Congratulations!

Well wasn't that what I suggested back in post #5?

you were totally right, but at least they should've print all the papers. i saw a few ppl that had the same letter but they didnt take any documents.

Hi All,
I have also received a letter from USCIS today to meet an adjudication officer on August 22nd, 2008 at 7:00 A.M. My original interview had been scheduled for September 9th, 2008. Is this something to be really concerned about.

Hi All,
I have also received a letter from USCIS today to meet an adjudication officer on August 22nd, 2008 at 7:00 A.M. My original interview had been scheduled for September 9th, 2008. Is this something to be really concerned about.

Concerned? You should be happy that your interview was moved up a few weeks. Remember to bring all the requested documents in both letters.

I think so, after reading the posts and reading on USCIS website. Anyways I will call them tomorrow and get more information. Here is what I found on USCIS website regarding G-56.

Use a Form G–56, General Call-In Letter, when you need to call an applicant in for an interview or retest an applicant. Either hand this form to the applicant at the time of the interview or mail it to him or her. Generally, Form G–56 should include the following information:

• Applicant’s name and address

• Applicant’s A-file number

• Date the form was completed

• Address of the USCIS office

• Identity of the person who will interview the applicant

• Reason for the appointment

• Types of documents the applicant must bring

• Request for postponement

• Signature of the official who completed the form

Except in the cases where the applicant must be re-tested on English language and/or history and government (which must occur between 60 and 90 days after the initial interview), the second interview must take place within 120 days after the initial examination. [See 8 CFR 335.3(b), and 8 CFR 312.5.]

Consider an applicant who appeared for the initial interview on his or her application to have failed to prosecute the application if he or she, without good cause, fails to appear for a second interview. The application must be adjudicated on its merits. [See 8 CFR 335.7.]

After the second interview you should have all of the information necessary to either grant or recommend denying the application. However, you are not prohibited from continuing the case after the second interview if you still have further questions regarding the applicant's eligibility.