Passport Application - Travel plans field

M92Denver

Registered Users (C)
Are the "Travel plans" info (filed 19) on the passport application form required?
It asks for date of trip, length of trip, and countries to be visited.

I don't have any trips coming up, I just want to get my passport asap.

Are the "Travel plans" info (filed 19) on the passport application form required?

No they are not. You can leave that field blank as well as the emergency contact. There are a few fields that are optional and if you use the online form to fill out the application, you will be able to tell which ones are mandatory versus optional. For example, you must list the names of your parents and indicate whether or not your they are U.S. Citizens, but you do not have to give their date or place of birth.

Just use the online form to complete the application if you can and all items marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.

If you are going to passport agency in person to apply due to immediate travel plans, they may care about it. Otherwise they don't.
In my case, they just asked me for a date that I am travelling. Didn't care to see copy of ticket. Said he doesn't need it.

Use Dept of State online form to fill the Passport application. Its easy to use and will guide you through telling you what information is required/not required. You will be surprised on how little information they really need. You do need to have printer to print the form after filling it using their wizard though.

A passport agency can be in better position to give an authenticated view about this particular matter.

i was looking for the same information...thanks. I'm planning to visit my nearby travel agent to get things done.

Hi All,

I have just been naturalized, and have submitted my application with the USPS (traveling in 7 weeks). The clerk indicated that I filled too much (I did nto use the on-line application :( ) but it is not a problem at all.
Does anybody know how long does it take to get the Passport and Card? I am not sure if it matters, but I am from MI.

Thanks,

G.

Hi All,

I have just been naturalized, and have submitted my application with the USPS (traveling in 7 weeks). The clerk indicated that I filled too much (I did nto use the on-line application :( ) but it is not a problem at all.
Does anybody know how long does it take to get the Passport and Card? I am not sure if it matters, but I am from MI.

Thanks,

G.

Routine service takes 4-6 weeks and expedited takes 2-3 weeks.

Passport application

After your ceremony, if you need your passport application filed quickly, there are some companies that can help you with that.

My check was just cleared by the passport agency, but no status on-line. Is that how it's supposed to be?

I am not sure I undnerstand "optimal" but if you are asking about missing info, then the answer is yes. They need to see that all the pertinent fields are filled in, and that the info you provided is accurate. While the required data on-line is what is necessary, you cannot provide less than that. I did not use the on-line version so answered just about every question.
I still can't see my case on-line although my check was cashed today. i do not know if this is how it's supposed to be, but will give it another day.

Good luck tomorrow,

G.

I applied for PP today. I filled my PP application online and printed for applying PP. I applied near by Post Office. I do not have any issues, as far as the PP person at Post Office is concerned.

I did not filled travel plan columns. I filled up all required columns in on-line application and optionals whatever i can, like additional contact details, emergency contact details etc.