I-730 Approval Notice Issued- Nsc

chang1428

Registered Users (C)
Dear Forum Members,

Out of two pending I-730's of my family members since Sep 2005, one has been approved and e mail received saying approval notice sent on April 18, 2008.
MY son's i-730 has no change in the msg yet, however, it has LUD change as April 18, 2008 too. The approved one pertains to my wife's I-730.

Can someone guide me if I am right in taking fol action on receipt of approval notice of my wife.
1. Make info pass appointment and go to local uscis to get I-94 & EAD for my wife.
2. Once got I-94 go to Social Secutity for SS card.

What all fee or documents we must carry to USCIS local office to get I-94 & EAD card?

Thanks

The.Walker,

As you can see, it takes Nebraska more than 2 .5 years to process I-730 for beneficiary already in the US.

Chang1428,

I am happy for your family. You should receive all the instructions with your approval letter.

Good luck to you and your family!

colocolo,

Thank u for compliments. I am anxiously waiting for son's approval now.

Thanks again

Any news ?

I just wanted to share something with you.

One of the guys that I know just had his family petition approved yesterday ( he filed for his wife/daughter last May - NSC ). It shows that the myths of I-730 approval taking 2.5 years on an average isn't entirely true. But then again, me already being here in the States perhaps has something to do with his beneficiaries living back home getting approved before me?

Either way, I'm happy for him and I'm hopeful that my mom and brother get their approvals too. I hope I get my approval before I graduate next year. The new OPT rules are ridiculous and truly mind boggling and I hope I won't be affected by it.

Keep us updated on your son's case and good luck!

The.Walker,

Where are these beneficiaries?

In the US or at their home country?

It takes NSC more time to process the I-730 applications when the beneficiary is already in the US.

walker,

My son's case still pending for background check. NSC informed me about it just yesterday. I had asked them if he is covered under new policy for adjudication without out waiting for FBI clearence since it is pending more than 6 months to that question they said it ( new policy) does not cover the I-730, however they promised to do it at earliest possible time.
This is latest at my end.

walker,

My son's case still pending for background check. NSC informed me about it just yesterday. I had asked them if he is covered under new policy for adjudication without out waiting for FBI clearence since it is pending more than 6 months to that question they said it ( new policy) does not cover the I-730, however they promised to do it at earliest possible time.
This is latest at my end.

wow. Good luck with your son's case.

Nowadays, beneficiaries of I-730, already in the US, have to wait more than 3 years before USCIS can approve their applications. It's a shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nowadays, beneficiaries of I-730, already in the US, have to wait more than 3 years before USCIS can approve their applications. It's a shame.

On what basis are you making such a statement? If that's true then I'm screwed!

senowen,

Have you read all the posts?

There is a member here who applied for his son since September 2005. After 3 more months, his waiting time will be 3 years. My son is also in the same situation.

The name/background check and fraud investigation don't make any sense. They should be able to make a decision within the same time frame for all the I-730 applications.

There is a member here who applied for his son since September 2005. After 3 more months, his waiting time will be 3 years. My son is also in the same situation.

The name/background check and fraud investigation don't make any sense. They should be able to make a decision within the same time frame for all the I-730 applications.

Yes, some I-730s do take much longer than they should. I have long suspected that the government singles out certain people for delay based on prior orders of removal/immigration violations that are forgiven with an approved I-730. But I'm sure there are other delays that are completely arbitrary. The only thing that you can do to force the government to act is file a mandamus action. I've seen it done on long delayed I-730s. But three years is the exception to the norm, as the case processing times show.

Last edited by a moderator:
senowen,

One year ago, according to NSC, the delay was due to name/background check.

Last february, they told me the case is waiting for assignment to an officer.

As of now, they are unable to give me the exact time when the I-730 petition will be adjudicated. They mentioned the "earliest possible time" that doesn't specify any time frame.

One year ago, according to NSC, the delay was due to name/background check.

Last february, they told me the case is waiting for assignment to an officer.

As of now, they are unable to give me the exact time when the I-730 petition will be adjudicated. They mentioned the "earliest possible time" that doesn't specify any time frame.

Ok, read through your old posts and found out that you were denied asylum and ordered removed/deported and failed to leave. I can guarantee you that is why your case is being delayed. USCIS likes to punish people who have removal orders and later have an I-730 filed on their behalf. They do this mostly in parts of the country where they think they can get away with it, like most of the South and Midwest. May I ask where you live?

I don't really understand your question. This I-730 is for my son who was on B1/B2 visa. What exactly do you mean?

I don't really understand your question. This I-730 is for my son who was on B1/B2 visa. What exactly do you mean?

Nevermind. I misinterpreted one of your old posts on another thread. Anyway, I would still like to know what state your son lives in. I have a hunch that the USCIS purposely delays I-730s in certain parts of the country, for certain types of beneficiaries, such as overstays, illegal entrants, people with unexecuted orders of removal, etc.

We are in Florida.

I have a friend who is also in Florida. His wife's case was approved within one year, except the beneficiary was outside the US.

We are in Florida.

I have a friend who is also in Florida. His wife's case was approved within one year, except the beneficiary was outside the US.

Florida. I'm not surprised. Conservative federal judges and conservative court of appeals. A mandamus action in federal court there would be much more difficult than say, California or New York.

There is no reason for the USCIS to adjudicate I-730s on a different timeframe for in-country beneficiaries, rather than overseas beneficiaries. I suspect that the delay is no more than USCIS punishing your son for overstaying his B-1 visa. And there is not much you can really do about it, other than continue to make calls, infopass appointments, etc. Have you ever thought about filing a writ of mandamus in the local federal district court? I mean, even if it is a long shot that the court will find jurisdiction over the case, if it looks like the USCIS will stall forever on your son's I-730 then you might want to consider such an action.

senowen,

I am using my Senator for getting help with this case. He was the one who was able to put the case in the waiting line for assignment to an officer.

Honestly, I don't plan to file a writ of mandamus against USCIS. Actually, they recommend me to call them after 6 months. Probably, after this delay, I may contact CIS Ombudsman to find if they can help.