EAD renewal on own

immi_mygc

Registered Users (C)
Currently I am using EAD. How much is it advisible to renew the EAD on your own. Looks like form is simple and you will need to send documents such as
1. Copy of current EAD.
2. Copy of the I485 recipt
3. Copy of the I94

Because of current H1 dead line attorneys are busy. Do you see any risk doing on own.

You can do it on your own. The form is simple and just fill out the right CFR # for the EAD reason on the form, enclose proof of passport, old EAD copy etc and be done with it.

Currently I am using EAD. How much is it advisible to renew the EAD on your own. Looks like form is simple and you will need to send documents such as
1. Copy of current EAD.
2. Copy of the I485 recipt
3. Copy of the I94

Because of current H1 dead line attorneys are busy. Do you see any risk doing on own.

You might add the mailer of the last EAD. Bio pages of passport

RealCanadian,

I applied for I-485 last June when I was on TN.

1) What should I put for Question # 15 of I-765 application ? Is there a specific word that they look for folks who are in "AOS Pending" status e.g. "AOS Pending" or "Adjustment of Status Pending" ?

2) For question # 16, should I enter (C) (0) (9) or just put (C)(9)() ? I remember that on my first application the lawyer had (C)(0)(9).

Thanks for your time in answering my questions.

Appreciate your help.
Cheers.

You can do it on your own. The form is simple and just fill out the right CFR # for the EAD reason on the form, enclose proof of passport, old EAD copy etc and be done with it.

what is CFR number. Is it categary type - i.e. C09. Thanks

All you need is a copy of the I-485 receipt. No need for the current EAD or I-94.

No risk, except the risk of filling out the form incorrectly.

Is it ok to mail by Fedex or US Postal with the receipt proof.
Step 1. Fill out the form properly.
Step 2. Attach the documents - I485 recpt, EAD copy, Passport copy + photos. etc.
Step 3. Put all together in envelop and send it to TSC.

Is that all. Or do i need to write any cover letter or do i need to mark the envelop with specific note. thanks.

I filed my wife EAD electronically. It turns out very easy and it only took 7 weeks for her to get the 1st EAD. Looks like e-file is quicker..

Is it ok to mail by Fedex or US Postal with the receipt proof.
Step 1. Fill out the form properly.
Step 2. Attach the documents - I485 recpt, EAD copy, Passport copy + photos. etc.
Step 3. Put all together in envelop and send it to TSC.

Is that all. Or do i need to write any cover letter or do i need to mark the envelop with specific note. thanks.

I MAILED MY FORM BY PRIORITY MAIL WITH PROOF OF DELIVERY ADDTL 65 CENTS. WITH THE TRACKING NUMBER YOU CAN TRACK ON USPS AFTER 2-3 DAYS AND KEEP THE PRINTED COPY WITH YOU.

ONCE YOUR CHECK IS ENCASHED WITH ONLINE BANKING PRINT THE ENCASHED CHECK AS PROOF. THE BACK OF THE CHECK WILL HAVE THE A# (APPLICATION NUMBER THAT SHOULD HELP YOU TO TRACK ON LINE YOUR STATUS ON USCIS SITE. KEEP TRACKING ONLINE.
NO NEED COVER LETTER. JUST MAKE A CHECK LIST AND MARK ATTACHED AND KEEP ON TOP OF APPLICATION.

I MAILED MY FORM BY PRIORITY MAIL WITH PROOF OF DELIVERY ADDTL 65 CENTS. WITH THE TRACKING NUMBER YOU CAN TRACK ON USPS AFTER 2-3 DAYS AND KEEP THE PRINTED COPY WITH YOU.

ONCE YOUR CHECK IS ENCASHED WITH ONLINE BANKING PRINT THE ENCASHED CHECK AS PROOF. THE BACK OF THE CHECK WILL HAVE THE A# (APPLICATION NUMBER THAT SHOULD HELP YOU TO TRACK ON LINE YOUR STATUS ON USCIS SITE. KEEP TRACKING ONLINE.
NO NEED COVER LETTER. JUST MAKE A CHECK LIST AND MARK ATTACHED AND KEEP ON TOP OF APPLICATION.

Just a reconfirmation.
1. Name it ask to give Family name in Capital. Does this mean in #1 name section - LAST Name in capital and then first name. SO sequesnce to be - LASTNAME Firstname. THere is no middle name in my case. Is it correct.
2. And last entry I had on H1B, so say only H1B.
3. And place of entry should be "New York" instead of JFK, New York. JFK is the airport, do not need to mention it. Correct ?

Thanks.

I filed my wife EAD electronically. It turns out very easy and it only took 7 weeks for her to get the 1st EAD. Looks like e-file is quicker..
When you filed online...you paid by credit card...what confirmation do we get?
How do we track our application? I ask this because when we file thru paper, we send in a check & when it's cashed, on the back of electronic receipt...we get the A#.

Just a reconfirmation needed on below.
1. Name it ask to give Family name in Capital. Does this mean in #1 name section - LAST Name in capital and then first name. SO sequesnce to be - LASTNAME Firstname. THere is no middle name in my case. Is it correct.
3. And place of entry should be "New York" instead of JFK, New York. JFK is the airport, do not need to mention it. Correct ?

Thanks.

I have filed my EAD online, four months after having filed I-485. It was my first EAD.

I DID NOT SEND ANY DOCUMENTS TO USCIS , I paid by credit card, receipt number was produced immediately, in a day I could track it online.

In four days I got paper official receipt from USCIS, in a weak request for biometric appointment (index finger print only and photo-picture), the second one after bio appointment for I-485.

In a month I got EAD card.

Again: I did not send any documents by mail. In online form you need to write either I-94 number or your A#.

The only drawback

Seems to me the only drawback of E-filing is one has to go to the service center for pictures etc. Am I right? Thanks.

I have filed my EAD online, four months after having filed I-485. It was my first EAD.

I DID NOT SEND ANY DOCUMENTS TO USCIS , I paid by credit card, receipt number was produced immediately, in a day I could track it online.

In four days I got paper official receipt from USCIS, in a weak request for biometric appointment (index finger print only and photo-picture), the second one after bio appointment for I-485.

In a month I got EAD card.

Again: I did not send any documents by mail. In online form you need to write either I-94 number or your A#.

Just a reconfirmation needed on below.

Thanks.

1. yes.
2. yes.
3. I would put down JFK international airport.

Ead Renewal

Hi,

I am ready to file my 1st EAD renewal. I have the following questions. Can anyone please help me on this?.

1. Do I need to send COLOR copy of 1st page of my passport as photo identity document?.

2. Do I need to send copy of latest H1B / H4 (for my wife) along with other
documents?.

4. In EAD I-765 Form, # 11 asks about previous EAD. There is a Date field in this section. What date should be specified?. EAD Receipt Date/Notice Date/Approved Date.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,
How long does it take nowadays to get the EAD. After Jul-07 backlog i heard that its better to apply earlier than 3 months as normally done.

It would be great if someone can share thier experience on EAD renewal recently (2008)

Thanks
Mav

I was trying to create an account for e-filing on USCIS website and under country, there are 3 options for US: United States - MIDWA, or JOHNS or WAKE. I am confused. What do they mean and which 1 do i select for country.

Can someone please guide me.
Thanks
Mav