Veterans Filing Under Section 329, INA

synn_r

Registered Users (C)
I was just wondering if there were any other veterans out there filing under section 329. I am extremely curious as to how they process our N400.

The N-426, (Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service) How do they process that? How long is the wait on it?

The G-325B, (Biographic Information), is that the same as the fingerprints we take with USCIS?

If anyone not filing under this knows anything about it, your information would be greatly appreciated!!!

How long have you been out?

I have posted some of my experience here: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=269524

If you are doing the remainder of your contract in the reserve, the folks at your reserve unit can certify the N-426 for you. Same for the IRR if your record is held locally. If not, the form will be sent to the DoD so it can be cleared by the appropriate parties. It goes without saying that including all DD-214s you ever received will help things along.

The 325 I believe is a more cursory check, done by the DoD directly.

You'll still have to be fingerprinted.

Bottom line, if you are active, reserve or IRR, you qualify for expedited processing and the military hotline, which is a great plus.

Timewise, I'm pretty sure that the military checks will be completed before namecheck is, so no worries there.

Hope this helps.

I was just wondering if there were any other veterans out there filing under section 329. I am extremely curious as to how they process our N400.

The N-426, (Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service) How do they process that? How long is the wait on it?

The G-325B, (Biographic Information), is that the same as the fingerprints we take with USCIS?

If anyone not filing under this knows anything about it, your information would be greatly appreciated!!!

I included both forms with my packet. Along with my DD 214.
So I should be ok.... Thanks for the info....